Chapter 31: The Lesson (Karlheinz part 3)

An hour later, Karlheinz opened his eyes; He was never asleep in the first place.

He looked down in his embrace to see the pink-head vampire, who was currently wearing one of his shirts, tuck comfortably in his chest; Karlheinz promised Kazz to buy suitable clothes tomorrow.

With a gentle smile on his lips, Karlheinz combed Kazz's silky smooth hair. When Karlheinz stared at Krul's adorable face, the gentle smile. At the moment, Karlheinz continues to receive memories.

It's been a week since Karlheinz saved Kazz by replacing his heart and "adopting" the Mukamis by turning the children into impure vampires. As Karlheinz observed, the children adapted quickly to their new environment. Sleeping during the daytime and being active during nighttime. Though, compared to pure vamps, they have no problem being under the sun. They also manage to utilize their newly discovered powers such as teleportation, and an increase of their five senses. Seeing they're ready, Karlheinz decided to make them experience the next phase.

During late at night, Karlheinz took them to a nearby town. The 1900s streetlights illuminated the empty old ragged streets. Only a few pitter-patter of footsteps could be heard, probably from some street urchins roaming around the darkness to find food in the garbage. Thus, a wealthy looking man strolling with five wealthy looking children certainly look conspicuous. They certainly caught some unwanted attention, especially from the town's street gang.A malicious young man appeared from the shadows holding a metal pipe. four other lads joined him, all carrying a weapon.

"Give all your money, or we'll kill ya, " the leader growled as he approaches them, stopping five feet from them. The group surrounded him, making his presence more threatening.

Karlheinz put on a cold smile on his face as a response, "Thank you for participating for today's lesson." Karlheinz turned toward the children and gave them a gentle smile, "You better watch and learn."

Kazz and the Mukamis felt a shiver run down their spine, sensing danger in the atmosphere. Before they know it, they heard a sound of bone breaking. Crack–!

The leader's neck was twisted in an unusual angle, a second later his body fell slump on the cold, hard ground. Just like that, life was lost in a matter of seconds. Before anyone reacted Karlheinz pressed a finger on his lips. "One noise, you'll immediately join him." Those words were directed towards the remaining street gang that was frozen on the spot, mouths open ready to scream. When they regained some senses, the gang quickly turn their backs, to escape this monster!

"Children, did you understand?" Karlheinz asked them so casually as if he's teaching them that 1+1=2.

The horrified Mukamis could only nod their heads.

"Alright, since we don't have enough materials, Kazz, you're the youngest, you'll stay with me. The rest–I assign you boys, to hunt those humans as I showed you. Then, bring their remains back to me."

After receiving orders, the Mukamis promptly set out to hunt. Even if they were against taking lives, they have to. If they don't prove themselves to be useful, they are afraid that Karlheinz would cast them aside.

Kazz silently studied Karlheinz with a sad expression. Karlheinz noticed, "You'll get the chance to hunt later." He then reached out his hand, "Come, let's observe your brothers' performance."

Kazz took it, then Karlheinz suddenly took hold of his waist and carried Kazz with one arm. With Kazz's height being a 4'5 shota, it was certainly no problem for the Vampire King.

Kazz was taken by surprise but soon calmed down since he likes being carried like Ciel.

Karlheinz effortlessly leaps on top of a building. With their keen vision, even if the Mukamis were far away, they could clearly see events unfold.

To the left, Ruki cornered one of the gang man. "Stay back," he says while swaying his weapon at Ruki. With an expressionless face, Ruki came closer and closer. Since their distance was close, the man swung the weapon aiming at Ruki's head. Ruki stopped it with his bare hand and with the other hand gripping the man's neck. There was an apology then came a sound of a crack. Still grabbing the man's neck, he drags the body while he heads back to find Karlheinz.

"Hmm...Why did he apologize?" Karlheinz wondered, "He executed it perfectly."

Kazz wanted to punch him, but kept it in, "..Karlheinz... Killing is not good, you know?" Kazz pouted his lips.

"Is that so?" Kazz smiled and patted Kazz's head. However, the next words were filled with seriousness, "You and your brothers need to learn early." Karlheinz eyes turned cold, "You're not a human anymore. You will not survive without dirtying your hands. Even as an impure vampire, you need blood as your main meal. The more you eat, the more powerful you become. Being weak means death, understand?" Karlheinz stared at Kazz.

"I understand," Kazz nodded. "..But if I'm weak, are you going to kill me?" Kazz questioned with visible tears forming in his eyes. The system wanted to praise his host's acting.

"No, but vampire hunters and other demons will," With a smile, Karlheinz answered honestly. 

"Though I won't let that happen." Karlheinz patted Kazz's head again.  

Author's note: 

This is what I meant~