Chapter 37: Story Time (Karlheinz Part 9)

"So, what do you want to do next, big brother?" Kazz pop the last piece of cake his mouth, not looking at Azusa's direction as he asked.

"...Anything you...want..." He spoke softly.

"Big brother doesn't have anything in mind at all?" Kazz turned his face to look at the timid child in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed.

"...Anything...Kazz...wants...is...good..." Kazz feels uneasy. He looks at Asuza's lifeless eyes, he felt that the boy in front of him was like a doll. A doll attached to strings. A person who doesn't have his own opinions and guided by others. If Kazz tells Asuza to do something radical like shave his own hair, the boy would probably do it. Kazz could relate somewhat.

Seeing that the boy in front of him won't give any suggestions, Kazz sighed inwardly. This meant that it's up to him to think of the next activity, which is a big problem. Watching anime, reading mangas, playing video games - that's all the activities he did when he was a child. Currently living in the 1900s, all of it was impossible to do. Kazz sighed again. If he thinks of other activities he does in his real-world - Drinking and eating with friends, going to parties, watch Netflix, go to some K-pop concerts once in a while, studying, reading... Reading... That's it! Reading!

"How about reading?" Kazz eyes lit up.

"...If...you..want me to read...Sure...I'll..try." Kazz noticed that Azusa's lips tightened - bothered by something.

"...Any books you want to read?"

"...I don't..know...any...What..does...Kazz..want..me..to..read?"

"Ah.." Kazz wants to facepalm right now. Azusa... does he even know how to read? An orphan? A street rascal? Of course not. Maybe he could read some words he picked up when he was roaming the street? Also, when he peeked into the body's memories, there wasn't any memory of anyone teaching this body how to read when he was in the orphanage. Out of all the Mukamis, Ruki was the only one who can read during this time.

"... Nevermind." He closed his eyes to think of something else. What do children do before technology? Play tag, playing pretend, play with dolls... Kazz doesn't really want to do any of that. He doesn't think Azusa will enjoy any of that either.

"You're...thinking... really hard...about this..."

"Of course, I want the two of us to enjoy the day together." Kazz answered casually, without thinking. He blinks in surprise after the words escaped out of his mouth. He caught Azusa's lips forming a small smile, then quickly return to its original form. Azusa reached out and patted Kazz's head, "...Anything...is...fine..."

Kazz nodded, "How about we tell stories to each other? Wouldn't that be fun?" Digging back to his childhood memories, he remembered that his grandfather used to tell him stories.

Azusa gave him an "mhm."

Finally reaching a decision, Kazz happily asked Azusa to transport them back to Azusa's room. When they arrived, Kazz dashed towards the bed and began assembling a pillow fort. He excitedly pulled the blankets from the bed and threw the pillows on the floor. He then pulled two chairs over to prompt up it up and placed the pillows inside. Kazz looks like a bird building his own comfy nest, leaving Azusa feeling confused.

After he's done, he looked at his masterpiece with a satisfied smile. "I'll clean it up later, big brother. Now, come inside~!" He pulled Azusa's arm and carefully made their way inside the fort. 

The space inside the fort was only enough for two people. It's also dark, but for vampires like them, it's not that hard to see.

"Big brother, name our fort." Kazz doesn't know what came over him, but when he saw Azusa's bed, he felt the urge to build a pillow fort. He chuckled to himself, it's been a long long time since he built one.