Chapter 39: Experiment Materials ( Karlheinz Part 11)

"When he said experiment materials, I didn't think it would mean corpses." Kazz watched as Karlheinz's familiar walked past him, carrying a bloody corpse, skin burnt from the explosion. He asked the system to use the censorship function or else he would have thrown up his dinner. The familiar stopped at the portal to the demon world, the vampire king created, before tossing the corpse over. The portal was emitting a foul stench which made the already skin-burnt smelling air more rancid.

On the other side of the portal, there are mountains of pixelated corpses piled up together. Seeing hell, Kazz's hair stood up straight, he felt his breathing quicken, palms becoming clammy. He felt a similar feeling that one time when he watched Yuma eat his human prey whole. Biting and tearing away human flesh like it was a piece of chicken. He should be used to seeing dead bodies now, considering how many times he saw the Mukamis kill human beings like bugs. Kazz took a deep breath and calmed himself down. It seems that I still have a little humanity in me. Kazz sighed. The Mukamis could kill without a bat in an eye since they changed their identity to vampires. Simple psychology trick. I'm not human anymore, humans are simply livestock, there's nothing wrong in killing them. Reminding himself that, Kazz no longer feels disturbed by the corpses surrounding him. If he still considers himself a human, it would be a pain in the ass - PTSD will likely occur.

They're at a train station, which had a terrible accident earlier that day. Karlheinz said the train exploded due to a gas leak, so the government placed 'Karlheinz' in charge of the corpses.

"Sir, we're almost done transporting all the corpses over." Another familiar said. There are about 30+ familiars in the vicinity, each was like an ant carrying their food aka corpses, and throwing it into the portal. With that many familiars, it was obvious a lot of people died from the accident today.

"Splendid." Karlheinz, wearing a different face, looked like a noble with a clean appearance. A face that is perfect for getting good favorability from people - a face perfect for a politician. He used that face to talk to a soldier earlier, they discussed the war casualties. Karlheinz seems to be a well-known figure in the government.

Acting like a child accompanying his parent to work, Kazz just sat on the waiting bench, waiting for Karlheinz's business to be over. Kazz stared at the broken train that was burnt into cripes - Something feels off. Listening to the soldier's report earlier, the explosion happened during rush hour causing a lot of people's deaths. Kazz is not particularly knowledgeable about war nor he is interested in it. He lives in the peaceful-enough 22nd century and he has never enlisted in the army, so war is foreign to him. He just has this logical theory that popped inside his head: Transportation is key. More transportation means that more supplies would be delivered to the army. No transportation means no supplies, the army would suffer = a lot of soldiers will die. A train explosion during a time like this? Kazz reached a conclusion: it was all planned.

-And, who will benefit the most from all of this?

Kazz's eyes landed on Karlheinz, at the same time Karlheinz glanced back at him. Their eyes met.

Author's Note:

Kazz: I haven't actually killed anyone yet... Cool. 

Thanks for reading~