Chapter 9: System Dream

Three whole minutes passed before the two vampires stopped drinking each other's blood. Kazz mischievously licked the corner of his lips while staring at the Vampire King who has a strange smile on his face.

"It's already 4 in the morning, little vampires should go to sleep or else you'll never grow tall," the Vampire King said teasingly.

"Old vampires should sleep early too or else your beautiful hair will fall out," Kazz retorted.

"Alright, alright....Go to sleep...Goodnight.." The old vampire defeatedly said before he vanished like a puff of smoke.

Even though Kazz's body turned into a vampire, he still felt tired from running when he was human. He laid down on the bed and found a comfortable position before falling asleep.

【System Dream Mode Activating】

【Successfully Activated!】

Inside his dream, Kazz heard the familiar mechanical voice. It seems like I can communicate with the system while sleeping...

【Host! The completion of your wish is at 5%. Keep up the good work!】

System, could you tell me why you didn't help me out there earlier? Hmm?

Kazz remembered that he almost died because the System wouldn't give him his refund or in other words send him back to his real world.

【Host, please don't be mad! This system will guarantee your safety, even if the Host dies, this system is powerful enough to send you back alive to your world. 】

Then why didn't you send me back when I was dying then?

【This system knows that you will survive during those 5 minutes!】

You could've told me that in the first place...

【Don't be angry, Host. This system apologizes.】The system didn't tell Kazz that it purposely didn't send him back because that would mean that its chance of leveling up would be in the next 1000 years! Also, it kinda lied about surviving those 5 minutes. According to data, Kazz only had a 40% chance being saved by the Vampire King. That 40% was the chances of the Karlheinz actually saving a random human and the other 60% depended on Kazz alone. Like most characters of this book, the system risk Kazz's life. If Kazz actually died, the system didn't lie about reviving back to his previous world though.

OK, Whatever. At least I know my safety is guaranteed.

Kazz doesn't like dwelling on complicated things for long, so he let this matter pass.

Hey system, I have questions for you. First, how do I actually complete my wish? Second, What's my heart and blood all about?

【The wish completion depends on the Host. The Host needs to be satisfied with the plot and the characters of Diabolik Lovers in order to gain the space item and leave this world.】

W-wait a minute, are you saying that this is the only way that I can go back home?!

【..Yes..】The system lied again! It can return its Host home, but...It REALLY wanted that promotion... It also doesn't want the Host to easily give up on this world...Please forgive this selfish system, ok?

You said you have the power to send me back home alive even if I died...Can I kill myself?

Realizing a major loophole, the system quickly weaved another lie. 【No! Actually, this system didn't make it clear! I can only revive the Host when the wish completion reaches a certain level! You can't kill yourself Host!】

What certain level?

【Information Classified.】The system was tired making lies...

The funny thing about Kazz, he knows the system was lying to him numerous times, but he still chose to believe it. He is so foolish, isn't he?

Ok, that explains things. How about my second question?

【Like what the Vampire King said, your current heart is made up of a piece of the King's heart. This means Host posses a bit of his power. However, the king doesn't know that Host can make Host's power stronger by drinking blood. This system is called Blood, once bonded with Blood, Host's blood would be special and could manipulate blood. Combined with this system function and Host's magical heart, Host could gain power from other vampire blood. The stronger the vampire the more beneficial their blood for the Host! 】

(Remember that System was called Blood in the beginning chapters?)

Wow...Thanks a lot... You just made me an OP character!

Kazz sarcastically complained to the System. He really doesn't want to be an OP character of this "trash" anime...

【On the bright side, this power would help Host to complete Host's wish faster! 】

I guess? 

Kazz shrugged his shoulders. Oh well... Kazz made his decision, I should at least enjoy myself, right? 

Suddenly...

【Attention! Body is waking up! Please contact the system if you have any questions Host!】

**Theater Extra**

Liar System Blood: I'm sorry Host for lying!

Kazz: It's ok, I'll enjoy your lies in the future! *Innocent smile* 

System Blood: Y-you're not mad anymore? ( ˃̣̣̥ω˂̣̣̥ )

Kazz: What do you think? *Smirks* 

System Blood: *Scared* I-I will never lie again!

Kazz: Good. *Innocent smile*