XI|Muggle Café

Playing pretend with you

ATHENA

WAKING UP ON A MONDAY I walked down the stairs and greeted my family good morning.

"Good morning Athena, slept well?" Mum set down a plate with toast, eggs and bacon in front of me.

"Very" I smiled.

Of course I was lying.

I had spent the whole night crying, then hating myself for being so weak and after hating myself I started crying again. You may wonder what reason I have that makes me so much more special than anyone else having a hard time.

My reason is nothing.

I am not anymore special than the child next door crying because she doesn't want to wear a pink dress, or the girls brother whom came out, and being hated on for it. We are all equal. Some are just better at hiding it than others.

After breakfast I walked to our neighbors next door. From outside of their door I could hear the little girl -whose name is Maya- screaming that she wanted to wear green instead.

Knocking on the door I took a step away from the door. The door opened by none other than The little girls mother. "Athena, how wonderful seeing you!" She engulfed me in a bone crashing hug "You too mrs Smith, is Thomas home?" I could see hatred in her eyes before she replied "No dear, he went out" She clenched her hands into fists.

"I know that you hate me Mother, but don't you think it's harsh kicking me out before I even had the chance to run away?" There from the staircase stood None other than the black haired boy I had, had play dates with when we were younger.

"Boy, Do not cro-" he interrupted her with a nod.

"Yeah, yeah whatever Mum" Thomas rolled his eyes as he put on his scarf "See you around mrs. Smith" I smiled as politely I could at her before Thomas grabbed my arm and together we walked towards the muggle coffee shops nearby.

"How is it going my good sir" I put on my best accent "Well, as usual my Lady" I opened the door as the bell made a sound signaling that a customer had entered.

We settled down on one of the tables nearest the windows. "I'll get the drinks, hot chocolate, right?" I nodded as he made his way towards the counter.

Outside it started to snow again, adding a layer to the already thick snow.

Thomas returned with two muges of hot chocolate.

"How is it at hogwarts?, I haven't seen you since the beginning of the year" He asked and took a sip.

"It's starting to get better" I mumbled.

Thomas was a Fifth year Slytherin, so we couldn't see each other that much.

"How are you doing?" I put down my cup.

"Well I'm out and confident, although Mum is being a homo" I cringed, the thought of his mum being against him on all of this, was sad.

I chuckled "Don't worry she'll get her head around it" He laughed "Yeah, I guess so"

After we had finished drinking our hot chocolate we went out to the cold weather and played in the snow.

"You'll pay Smith!" I screamed as I chased after him while throwing snowballs at him. Muggles around us were giving us wired looks, some was even looks of disapproval.

I felt sad for them, they were missing out on all the fun.

"Alright!" Thomas laughed as I pushed him into a pile of snow "that's payback!" I was about to help him up when he took a hold of my hands and dragged me down with him in the snow.

"Now I know why you're not in Ravenclaw" I gasped and hit him, I knew he was right but me being stubborn wouldn't let it slide.

"Okay I'm sorry" Thomas.

"So Tommy, any boys at hogwarts?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows, "I don't think so missy, you have a boyfriend" he pushed me playfully "Oh shut it" i rolled my eyes not being able to hold back the smile that began forming on my lips.

~ ~ ~

"I have caught You thief!" Thomas shouted pointing a stick at me -which In my opinion he was being overly dramatic- "Oh I have been caught" I looked at him fake shocked "Kneel down or walk the plank!" He jumped up on a big rock"What was the plank?" He sighed with a frown and explained.

"Oh right" I paused and cleared my throat "Never!"I began running away "Hey come back!" I laughed as he nearly tripped when jumping down from the rock.

"I could've died" He gasped when he catches up to me "Yeah right" I snorted.

"Yeah right" he mocked me.

"Yeah right" I mocked back.

"Yeah right"

Soon we began mocking each other back and forth and after awhile it was just us making inhuman noises at each other.

We neared his house when he stood in front of his front door "It's time for me to go back into the dragons lair" he gasped dramatically "No! You can't leave me!" I shouted playing along as I began waking backwards to my own house.

"I'll always remember you!" He shouted before making his ultimate overly dramatic Thomas scene.

I laughed to myself as I unlocked the door to reveal my mum and dad asleep on the couch with mums head on his chest and his head leaning on hers.

I looked at the clock to see that it was almost eleven.

Looking back at my parents I took the blanket and covered them, after making sure they were botch tucked in I turned off the tv and put yet another blanket over my two brothers when I saw them on the floor.

"Good night" I whispered and kissed them on their heads.

With a smile on my lips I walked up the stairs and into my room where I took a shower and did my normal night routine.

As I collapsed on my bed I drifted off to sleep almost instantly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Why do you think Athena was crying?

Also if you don't like that some of my characters are gay then you can kindly exit.

Thank you!

Vote
&
Comment!