XVIII| Repeating

Dearest mum and dad

Today I found out that I am going to marry James Potter. I don't want to, I was planning to move to France and then meet some wizard there, but no the stupid law just had to be in my way.

Lorcan And Lysander are as usual causing trouble. They haven't lightened anything on fire though but they managed to get themselves in detention for the rest of the week.

Katherine and Piper thanks you for the cookies you sent for them.

Asher and Scorpius says that they can't wait to stay at ours this summer again. Said they missed dads cooking and Mums cookies.

I myself am doing just fine. (except for the law of course) I was planning on being an auror or open up a shop in Diagon ally or something along those lines.

Yours truly, Dawn.

On the first day of school. She really thought that of me?

Good day.
It has gone a couple of weeks now and honestly James not that bad. In fact I think I've started to like him. As usual Lorcan and Lysander are in trouble again. Everything's normal classes, students, schedule, weather I mean it. Nothing interesting ever happens anymore the only things I look forward to do these days are.

1. See James
2. Hogsmeade
3. See my friends

Those are the only things I can figure out right now. As you can see when I say nothing happens i mean it.

Sincerely, Dawn.

By now tears were streaming down my cheeks like a waterfall. It should have been me instead of her. She shouldn't have died. I should've. She saved me. The spell was suppose to hit me. Not her. Me.

The view was amazing the sky was shifting from a blue, to a purple and slowly the whole sky was dark with some stars scattered around. Athena always talked about getting proposed under the stars. She loved it.

I began my short walk towards the great hall. Entering the massive room chatter could be heard from all four tables. I sat down next to Quentin.

"Hello mate" He pushed a plate of food in front of me "Eat up" furrowing my eyebrows I ate up "Did ya do your homework yet?" Daniel Asked beside Piper "Yeah" I was beyond confused right now "How are you feeling?" Piper Asked this time "Felling normal" I answered.

Just as Katherine was about to ask me something I spoke up "Why are you guys suddenly interested?" They gave each other looks "She told us to take care of you for her when she was gone" Piper mumbled.

"Oh I see, well I'm tired so I'm just gonna head up, goodnight" they nodded as I walked up all the stairs to the Ravenclaw tower.

With a sigh I got ready for bed. I was looking for my quill in the drawer when I noticed an envelope at the bottom.

Dearest James.
By the time you read this i'll probably be dead or I ran away. Either way. I just wanted you to know, you're the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. You James Sirius Potter is the highlight of my days. No matter what happened to me just remember that I love you Alright.

Oh and in case you ever have any nightmares again just think about something that makes you happy.

Yours only, Athena Dawn Scamander

Putting back the letter into the envelope I smiled to myself Athena knew me too well.

The following weeks went like this.

1, wake up
2, Get ready
3, get to class on time
4, Go to the astronomy tower and cry
5, Stay there until it's late
6, barley at dinner
7, go to sleep
8, wake up in the middle of the night
9, go back to sleep
10, Repeat

I was currently on step three, get to class on time but since I was already in class I decided to act like no one existed and work by myself. "Mate you really need to go out more" someone said from beside me "I don't think so" I shook my head no "I'll just stick to my schedule, thank you" Daniel shrugged.

"She wouldn't have wanted that"

"I know she wouldn't"

That was petty much my only communication with another soul for the rest of the week. Enough said muggles would've called it depression.