XVI|The big show

Dress at the top ^^

The day had come. It was finally Saturday, the day everyone had been longing after, the ball everyone wanted to attend but only seventh and six years could attend.

"Hurry up Athena!" Katherine shouted from outside of the door "You guys go ahead I'll be out soon!" I shouted back.

Today was also the day I would die. Not necessarily die die. I would just be under hiding of course.

"The boys have already left, See you Athena!" Piper shouted I heard footsteps then a door opening and close. Finally ready I opened the bathroom door and hurriedly put on my shoes and rushed out.

I stood before the large doors and entered. Taking a deep breath I walked steady down the stairs only to be greeted by Thomas at the bottom.

"Lovely evening Miss Potter" He hooked his arm in mine "Shut up" I mumbled and glared at him playfully "Your date is glaring at me" he whispered. I turned my head in James direction and let go of Thomas after we danced a little.

"Hello sir" I bowed slightly "Good day" He bowed back "May I have this dance?" I nodded and offered him my hand. He wore an all black tuxedo with a red tie. His hair looked like he had spent hours on it.

—JAMES SIRIUS POTTER—

We danced the night away and laughed when I accidentally stepped on her dress.

"Sorry about that" I grinned at her.

"Have I said that you look rather dashing?" She rolled her eyes "Yes you have James, over ten times already" I wasn't lying, In front of me was the most beautiful girl in the whole world, and she was mine.

Suddenly my future seemed so bright, it was clear, we would live in a house where she would be making breakfast while I'll play with the kids.

"What are you thinking about?" She snapped me out of my thoughts "About our future" I replied while we swung back and forth to the music.

"Uh huh, and what happens in the future?"

"We'll live in your dream house and you'll be the best mother in the world"

"And you'll be the best father" She smiled.

Oh how that smile could light up my whole world on fire. But that was impossible, she is and will always be my whole world.

A clink sound could be heard once everyone settled down on a table "I would like to make a toast" Headmistress McGonagall called out.

"Even though the new law has influenced us dearly, it seems like you have grown rather found of each other now" I admired Athena, she didn't look beautiful because of her dress, it was she smiled, the way her eyes lit up, the way she would laugh at my corny jokes. All those things made her beautiful, the dress was just a bonus.

"To new beginnings!" The whole hall erupted in applause and glass clinking.

"Let's dance!" Athena pulled me towards the dance floor as a slow song came on, she looked at me with a pained expression "What is it love?" She shook her head 'no'.

'Cause your a sky, 'Cause your a sky full of stars, I'm gonna give you my heart

We swayed to the music, the both of us enjoying the others presence "What ever happens in the future, just know that you are wicked James Sirius Potter" She broke the silence "Of course Athena Scamander" I leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek.

I don't care, go on and tear me apart

It all happened in a blur, a green light came flashing towards us "I'll come back for you" She whispered in my ear.

"Avada Kedavra!" Athena then collapsed on the floor I tried shaking her awake but I couldn't even touch her "James stand back!" My father all of a sudden came in front of me, blocking my view of Athena.

"You need to get out of here!" Kingsley Shacklebolt came rushing in. He pushed me to the side along with all the others. I watched as the took her body out, I watched as her long red dress dragged over the floor, I watched as they put the white material over her lifeless body.

Being pushed into a room with all our roommates.

Katherine was a mess, with makeup running down her face, Quentin was by her side trying his best not to break down while also comforting Katherine.

A tear stained Piper was passed out with her head on Daniels shoulder.

Quentin nodded to me, Daniel was just passing out.

"James?" Lily yelped from a corner.

"Oh Merlin" We hugged "Is it true?" I nodded. Tears flowed down my cheeks, then my steady breathing turned into quiet sobs, and my quiet sobs broke into coughing.

"She's in a better place now"

ATHENA SCAMANDER

I jolted awake "You're finally up!" Turning my head to the side I saw Dean Thomas by the stove "Hungry?" I nodded as he laid down a plate of scrambled eggs in front of me.

"How long was I asleep for?" He put his point finger on his cheek "About ten hours"

"How did hey do it?"

"Did you honestly miss Harry Potter casting a spell on you before the spell could even get near you?"

He chuckled "But the curse-"

"The curse missed you by a couple inches" I nodded.

"So I could've died?" He nodded "Why Are you asking?" I smirked "So that I can sue them if I got in trouble" he shook his head.

"Why does it sound like something you would do?"

"Where are they?"

"Right here" we both turned to the voice. Harry and Kingsley walked in and sat at the table "How are you feeling Athena?" Harry Asked "Great, where am I" i looked around, it looked like I was in a basement
— Which was creepy — there was a couch, some beds in a row, a kitchen and a dining table, yet there was no walls.

"Welcome to Camp Silver" Dean leaned back in his seat "This used to be a camp until they all died in the second Wizarding war. They were attacked by death eaters when they were hiking in the forest" Kingsley said.

"Good to know" I clocked my tongue "So what am I gonna do here for months?" They shrugged "Whatever you want, you can even go out if you want to, but you'll have to cover your face so that nobody knows your alive" The three of them stood up.

"We'll be upstairs if you need anything"

"How's James?" I asked Harry "He's doing horrible, he really has fallen for you"

And with those words they left me alone in the room.