V - Pensée

V - Pensée

pen·sée
/ˌpänˈsā/
noun
a thought or reflection put into literary form; an aphorism.

🍁

It's been 2 weeks. 2 weeks since Jessica saw Noah. Their first and last encounter was when Noah went with her to her apartment. For the past days she'd been waiting for hours at the front of their gate. She didn't know what she was doing. She just wanted to see him again. Even for the last time.

She'd taken her final exams for her first two subjects and although her mind was occupied, Noah still manages to squeeze in through her thoughts effortlessly. She must be crazy. He's a total stranger and she's basically pining for him. She wants to meet him again.

She sighed and slumped against the paint chipped table almost spilling her hot chocolate all over her.

"You know, you won't get anywhere thinking about him." Jess told Via about that night. How despite of Noah's heroic actions he still appeared to be like the villain out of a marvel movie. Villainous. Evil. Menacing. Wicked. She sighed dreamily.
"You're not even listening to me." Via chastised her friend.

"What?" She looked at Via head still slumped on the table.

Her friend sighed. "Nothing. But you mentioned how he has tattoos and how he was "so handsome if that was what sin looked like you're prepared to go to hell," " Via attempted to copy Jess' dreamy voice when she was narrating the story to her before but she was sure she did not sound like that at all. "so have you ever thought about what kind of job he has or is he still in school? You know, basic human background check." Via sipped her lemonade and looked at her. No. Jess hadn't thought about those things. She frowned.

"Does it matter?" She asked tiredly.

"You've never been like this before I'm just worried about you." It was true, Via does look concerned. Jess sat up straighter and faced her friend.

"I know. And it doesn't matter because I won't be seeing him." She had lost her hope. She's even sure Noah already forgot about her. She didn't even know if he has a girlfriend. She snorted. A guy like him. A greek god personified? No girlfriend? She even thinks he has them left and right. That thought didn't do good to her already disheveled mind.

"Just know that if you see him again talk to him like a normal human being. For once Jess don't be like a mute nun, you have to speak up." Jess nodded feeling determined. Thankful for Via for understanding and encouraging her. "Act like a lady." She nodded again. "Corner him." Nod. "Ask him out." Nod. "Ask him if he's a virgin." Nod.

Then her words sunk in.

Jess looked at her friend perplexed. She'd been nodding without really understanding what her friend were saying. She blushed at Via's statement after it dawned on her.

"I am not asking him if he's a virgin or not. What the hell Via?" Her friend laughed.

"I got you good. Your face." She laughed again. "You're such a nun." Via teased.

Jess just sighed knowing full well she won't see him or even if she does she knows she can't have a proper conversation with him how much more asking him out. She would turn into a statue when his grey eyes met hers.

She glanced outside. It was such a perfect day to go out. Their exams are over so Via and her were lounging on their favorite cafe. Sweet Hideaway. Like the name of the cafe, it was their favorite sweet hideaway. Jess had already wrote her letter and placed it on the leather that bounded the menu. Speaking of letters. She wondered who got her last letter. It was gone when she looked at the big compass on their deck. The letter N seemed fine too, she remembered it falling. She mentally shrugged. Whoever got it she hoped it somehow made their day positive.

After talking and laughing about trivial things the two decided it was time to go home. Jess and Via took a cab. Minutes later they stopped at Via's house.

"Bye Jess. Talk to me if your villain appears." Via goofily smiled as she got out of the cab. Jess waved her goodbye.

"I will." She assured Via.

She passed by a blur of houses and dancing lights as her mind drifted away. Would Noah be there? Standing at their front gate? She hoped he would. But what would she say to him? She groaned inwardly. He wouldn't be there. She was sure. She sighed for the umpteenth time that day. She did not understand how she wanted to see him again. She was almost in despair.

Minutes passed by and she stopped at their apartment. She got off the cab after paying the driver. She fetched out her keys from her pocket, frowning when the keys don't fit. She was about to unlock the gate again but a voice cut her.

"Fucking finally." That voice. That deep alluring but velvety voice that she wouldn't forget.

She slowly turned around. Shock was an understatement, for there standing under the flickering lamp was the man responsible for her haywired thoughts. Grey eyes bore to her. He was wearing a hoodie while clutching his left side, white cloth wrapped around his head with a cut on his lip. Noah.