XXXVIII - Contritum

XXXVIII - Contritum

Contritum
adjective
latin ; broken ; shattered

🍁

"Noah I can't." She reasoned when he insisted.

"Why not?"

"They'd think I got in because I'm your girlfriend."

"Love, nobody cares about what they think."

Silently, she whispered. "I do."

She felt his hands on her shoulders. Gazing up at him, she saw him smiling softly at her. "Babe. Stop overthinking. I think that they will say you're deserving to have this internship. Do you even know how smart you are? And did you look at your grades? Nobody in Tabasco could top that. You're a gem and my company needs you. I'm not asking you to be there as your boyfriend, I'm asking you as the CEO of Tabasco Softworks." She didn't reply, just stared at him, her eyes smiling. With a wicked smile, he continued. "Ms. Smith, congratulations, you just got accepted as an intern to the world's most profitable gaming company."

Noah had been bugging her for days to take the intership at his company. She didn't want to. She didn't want to appear as if she got the position because of her relationship with Noah. But the man had been insistent. It was obvious she caved in. He was so happy when she did.

She was now entering her third year. Studying for college had always been hard. And at her uni, it's important to have an experience in the corporate world. It meant, they were required to go out there and find themselves a company that would accept and let them experience how it's like to be in the actual field. Kind of like an on the job training. The only difference is the time. The school didn't care how long as long as it's enough to call an experience. Fortunately for her, Noah was there. When he heard about this, he immediately told her how they needed someone in their accounting department. Her chosen course was perfect. And eventhough she didn't want to accept his offer at first, she thought about how she wanted to help Noah. With her there, she hoped she would be a help to the business.

Today was her first day on her internship. She stared at herself in the mirror. She had to go and shop with Via yesterday because she realized she didn't have corporate attires. She wanted to look as professional as possible. And speaking of her bestfriend, she was so happy Via and Neo are officially a couple. They'd been so sweet to the point where Noah gets weirded out by it. She laughed to herself. If only Noah could see how sweet he is to her, he'd probably be weirded out too.

"Love, are you ready?" Noah called from the living room.

"Yeah. I think I am." She whispered the last part to herself. She was wearing a white suit jacket with a black shirt underneath, her legs were clad in a pencil skirt and it made her self conscious for a minute. Her butt was too obvious.

She didn't have time to pull down her skirt after it hiked up from brushing her hair when his hands went to wrap around her waist

She didn't have time to pull down her skirt after it hiked up from brushing her hair when his hands went to wrap around her waist. He was clad in his usual suit. Looking impeccably handsome, as always. For her, he was the epitome of sin and virtue. He was looking at them through the mirror. His eyes, it was as if there was a storm he was battling within him, trying to contain it like he was afraid it would destroy himself.