VIII - Intrus

A.N. Hi! 🎀 So I decided to publish this chapter a little early because it's my birthday today 🌼😄 Enjoy!

🍁

VIII - Intrus

intrus
[ɛ̃tʀy]
Word forms: intrus, intruse
masculine noun/feminine noun
intruder

🍁

Noah didn't went home. He was not ready to face his mom, surely she was furious that he didn't listen to her. Instead of going home, he went to his penthouse. A penthouse his father gave him. He didn't want to live there, it didn't feel like home, he only visited his penthouse whenever he wanted to be alone and right now he wanted to be by himself.

He can't keep his stupid mouth from smiling.

Jessica. Jessica. Jessica.

That name. He can't keep her out of his mind. He went to his bed and sat on it, reaching out for the charger that was on his bedside table when his eyes caught something.

It was the letter. He read it again. He wanted to find this writer. Thank her for what she did. Had she not left it in the cafe, he would be in his coffin 6 feet under. He wouldn't have seen his mom woke up from her utter despair. He wouldn't have had the chance to see her being a mother again. He wouldn't have met Jessica. He wouldn't have known someone so pure exists. He sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. He will find this writer even if it meant going every day to that far and run down cafe. He felt that she was responsible for letting him live and experiencing happiness after his wretched life. And Jessica was that happiness.

He smiled. Man, he got it bad. He chuckled. Imagining her worried face at seeing him limping and clutching his side. She was worried. She cared about him. He was afraid his face would be torn in two because of his ear splitting smile. Again, he didn't know what was happening to him. But he did know one thing, Jessica has to be his. And what he wants, he always gets. He smirked. But that smirk was immediately replaced with a frown. Does she even like him?

He shut his eyes. He will make her like him. He thought with finality and finally fall asleep with one person on his mind, Jessica.

She woke up with a gasp. She couldn't believe she was dreaming about him. Again. She dreamed about him that night when they first met each other but that was it, she thought it won't happen again. But then now, she was dreaming about him again being dark and dangerous. She was reading too much books that she thought those bad boy trope stories is happening to her.

Even in her dreams he's invading her unconsciousness! She knew she was attracted to Noah but that was it and it has to stop before anything happens.

She groaned, getting out of bed and getting ready for the day.

She went to class and shoved Noah away from her mind by being busy. She finished her assignments in one sitting at the library, desperately avoiding his face from plaguing her thoughts. By the time she was finished at the library, almost everyone were rushing back to the gate to go home. She decided she would reward herself by going home early as she managed to dodge him from envading her mind.

She picked up her things and went outside. She walked to the gate and got confused by the commotion. She saw Via talking to one of their classmate, she approached them.