Chapter 5 - Ralsei's fighting lesson

General POV

"I'm sure we're going to become great friends and-" Ralsei started, only to be interrupted again.

"Best way to leave is East, right?" Susie asked, clearly not paying attention to the goat creature.

"Yes! That's where we'll..."

"Got it. See ya at school, Kris." She turned and walked in the direction mentioned, leaving us without further word.

"Umm... I suppose it's just the two of us, then..." The bothered lady walked to Kris. "Kris, I'm a PRINCESS, but..." She looked down. "Um, currently I don't have any subjects. I've been waiting alone here... Um... My whole life for you two to arrive. So... I'm really happy to meet you. I hope we can be good friends, Kris. Let's try to find Susie. She must be to the southeast." She walked to Kris's back. "You can lead the way, Kris!"

Kris didn't move for a couple of seconds, still trying to understand what just happened. He looked Ralsei who was patiently waiting for him to start leading the way as she proposed. They walked to the door of the castle in front of them.

"Hey, Kris, I really think we should catch up with Susie. We can come back here after our adventure is over..." She looked down but then she looked to Kris with a smile. "... and then I can bake you a yummy cake!"

Kris stopped at the word cake. The idea sounded rather good to him. He walked to the room they came and touched the shiny particle once more.

*Ralsei, the lonely princess, is now your ally.

*The power of fluffy girls shines within you.

Ralsei saw Kris touching fin air and wondered why he suddenly stopped but didn't mind to ask him why.

They both headed to East to find a room with nothing except a doll. Kris walked to inspect it.

"Oh, Kris! It's the training dummy I made! Now seems like a great chance to prepare for the enemy." Ralsei happily spoke. "Would you like me to teach you how to fight?"

Kris nodded, interested in this lesson, after all, he wasn't really good at fighting.

"OK! Get ready, Kris!"

Both of them put their battle positions and Ralsei started teaching Kris.

"See that HEART, Kris?" Ralsei said pointing at Kris's SOUL that was floating in the air. "That's your SOUL, the very culmination of your being! Within, it holds your WILL... your COMPASSION... and the FATE of the world" She looked down again, worried about something. "If it gets hit, you and your friends will lose HP. If everyone's HP reaches 0, we'll lose the battle. So, please take care to avoid the enemy's attack." She politicly suggested. "Ready? Let's try dodging!"

Little white friendliness pellets came flying at Kris's SOUL but he avoided them, easily.

"Great job, Kris! You're a natural!" A little smile formed on Kris's face, appreciating her words. "Anyhow, after the enemy attacks, it's our turn, Kris! First, I will teach you how to FIGHT. Though, FIGHTing is unnecessary in this world... There's no harm in a rough lesson!"

Kris remained silent, thinking.

"Let's try FIGHTing!" Ralsei said cheering Kris.

Kris checked the dummy.

*DUMMY - AT 0 DF 0
*Cotton heart and button eye
*Looks just like a fluffy girl.

"Er, sorry, it kind of looks like me... I've been alone, so I didn't have anyone to model it after... Kris, since it's me, please be kind to it, OK?" Ralsei confessed. Kris smiled slightly. He had an idea.

Ralsei's POV

I told Kris to be kind and he stared at the dummy for a while. He then ran to it and... hugged it!? My eyes widened in shock seeing that kind of action. I can't believe he prefers to hug the enemy instead of attacking! Was he... sending me a message or something...?

"Huh...? Kris, you'd rather hug it out than fight?"

"..." I looked at the ground reflecting

"You know what, that's fine! We don't need to fight!" I said happily. "Ok, next let's try DEFENDING. Simply, DEFEND and the enemy's attack will hurt you less... Not only that, but you'll also gather TP! (Watch the orange big bar on the left! I'll explain it next!)" I said whispering

Kris didn't move for a while and suddenly hugged the dummy once again. Seeing his kindness just made my day!

"How caring, Kris!"

He then defended as I told him. He grabbed a pink shield and lifted it in the air, still holding to it, like someone was shooting at him. He seems to know what he's doing!

"Great job, Kris! Now that you've gathered TP - How about spending that TP on one of my SPELLS? If you had, um, hit the enemy, it'd be TIRED now. In that case, we use my PACIFY spell on it... It'll fall asleep, and we'll win peacefully!"

I told Kris what speels I had and told him to chose PACIFY. He pointed to the Healing Player, my second spell. I giggled at his choice and even though none of us were hurt, I still used it on me like Kris told me.

"Great, Kris! A healing spell works too! Now I have just a little more to teach you! Remember when you HUGGED the dummy by ACTing on it?" He nodded. "Because of that, its name turned YELLOW! Now by using the SPARE command, you can win!"

The battle was almost already over and I had such fun! I never thought teaching someone would be this fun! But when I let my guard down, waiting for Kris to SPARE the enemy, he hugged me instead. I felt his harm arms warped around my body and his head near mine. I felt so embarrassed that started to blush.

"K... Kris!?" I spoke almost speechless. "Ummm, I don't think, um... This is what you're supposed to be doing... but..." I trying to finish the sentence but the last words didn't leave my mouth.

When I thought he would finally SPARE the enemy, he hugged me again. I couldn't help but to enjoy hugging him. I wonder if he was enjoying as well.

"Kris...? Are you trying, to, um... Ask me to give you a tutorial on hugging...?" I asked him, blushing. He hugged me yet again so I took it as a yes.

"Ummm, I've never hugged anyone before..." I spoke. "(Besides the dummy, to test it out.) So I don't know anything about it, sorry... I suppose you're the one teaching me, haha!"

He hugged me one last time.

"..."

The feeling of his warm body was good but... I think he needs to SPARE the dummy or else I'm going to die of embarrassment. He finally did it and I sighed of relieving.

"Great job, Kris! That'd be the end in a real battle! I'm really happy I had the chance to teach you, Kris!"

He kept his sword and I clapped my hands with joy.

"Oh, that was fun! You're a wonderful student, Kris!" I spoke happily. "... and, er, in case you ever need a refresher, I..." I searched on my pockets. "Here! I wrote a Manual for you and Susie! Press (C) to open the menu and use it in your ITEMS." I said and gave the Manual to him.

Kris looked at the manual, seeing the cover I draw on it. He opened it but quickly closed with a dizzy expression.

I guess he isn't the type of guy who reads books...

At the least the lesson was fun!

Words: 1254