Chapter 19 - The Golden Flower Legend

A/N: Don't ask how I find this. But you got to admit that Kris looks cute as a goat!
Before it starts, I just want to apologize if this chapter looks forced in any way. Still, hope it's good enough for your expectations!

Ralsei's POV

After Kris kind surprise, the three of us continued to advance in the castle of Spades. Susie was still a little ahead of us and Kris was in front of me so I couldn't see how he was. Even though we were all focused on our mission, I still couldn't stop thinking about it. The fact that he wandered around alone just to give me a special gift warmed my soul. He was always so nice and kind to me! The gift was really sweet!

"Hey, Kris!~" I called, cheerfully. He continued to walk but turned slightly to the right to show that he was listening. I couldn't really tell but I think he was smiling a little. More than the usual blank expression. Was it because of the kiss I gave him earlier? I hoped so. After the thought, I felt that my cheeks were heating up. "May I ask... How did you find a golden flower??? I'm really curious! I heard they were really rare here!" 

Little did I know how he got it.

~~~~~~F l a s h  b a c k~~~~~~
Kris' perspective but with General's POV cuz why not

The motionless human was walking around the forest while searching for the repairer of the place. The scarlet forest appeared to be low populated. Only once in a while, there was an habitant who wasn't patrolling in search for the Lightner Trio. Since they had left the forest, the number of guards and search patrols only grew. The King of Spades had called more and more Rudinns to prevent the Lightners from progressing further into the Dark World. Knowing that the legend was becoming real was a threat to his domain. And like every Ditador, he wasn't willing to let someone overthrow him.

However, for Kris' luck, no one was recognizing him at all. His disguise was working perfectly. With that mantle, no one suspected his presence so far. Although it could change at any moment so he needed to stay alert for anything or anyone. Unfortunately, it appeared that he was lost. The maze that he and Ralsei had gone before fighting Susie was getting his nerves. All the paths and options looked the same. To make matters worse, being alone and not having any map or help from someone made it more difficult. Chances were that if Kris asked someone, they would report his presence.

The human sat under a tree in frustration. His mission was failing and the more we took to come back, the more ods there were that Ralsei and Susie were caught. But the human had faith they would stay safe. Susie was strong and Ralsei was smart. Together they could both stay unseen for a long amount of time. Still, it wasn't a reason to rest.

Kris stayed there, sat under a tree in a rock position, frustrated and thinking on another plan to reach the goal he desired. A couple of minutes passed and someone touched his shoulder. When Kris noticed it, he almost jumped into the fright and his soul started beating very fast. What if they were a guard or an enemy? Without Susie and Ralsei, being defeated would be easier.

But would it matter in the end?

With a little hesitation, the human looked up to see the one who touched the shoulder. For his surprise, it was a little friend they met in the Dark World...

Hathy, the same from Donuts Heart's little shop. (Just a quick side note: Regardless of how Hathy was referred in past chapters, she's now female cuz why not.)

The Darkner girl managed to recognize the human somehow despite the mantle Kris wore. He sighed in relief that it wasn't a guard of some sort that would try to attack and then asked her what she was doing in the forest. Hathy answered that she was passing by and saw the human looking sad so she stopped here to help.