Chapter 13 - Feelings

A/N: Turns out that my "Valentine's Special" isn't really special. Sorry but it's not coming. Doesn't mean there won't be love between them. Only saying the so-called chapter is just an ordinary one where something special happens but not so special as I thought. 

Susie's POV

We did it. The human and his pathetic companion were now defeated. I watched as Kris moved his head on last time before completely stopping and, what I thought, breathing. I didn't remember the fight very well but I'm certain they didn't stand a chance against me.

"Susie... Don't you think we were too... Merciless to them?" Lancer asked me, trembling.

"Nah. We just gave them a lesson. Nothing too bad." I answered calmly. But the way Lancer was looking at me...

I watched the two fainted 'heroes'. Ralsei was shaking but unconscious. Kris was completely unconscious. I noticed blood was near him.

Did I beat them so hard? I remember falling asleep. Must have beat them when was sleepy. They're so weak...

Kris' SOUL was mere inches from his head. Then I remembered...

Humans SOULs remain after dead... Is he...?

I ran to the hopeless human and turned him to see how injured he was. Scratches and cuts all over his body. I started fearing the worse.

My god... What have I done...

I didn't know exactly how I did this. When I thought everything was lost... His SOUL moved a little alongside Kris' hand. His hand was closed and shaking. I leaned my head near his chest...

He was still breathing and merely alive. I sighed with relief and couldn't believe what I did. How could I have beaten him so hard when he just acted. He showed mercy and I destroyed his heart... literally. I went to the Ralsei and looked for signs of life. She was breathing as well but wasn't as injured as Kris. I wasn't surprised she fainted. I know very well she's weak.

"Are they fine?" Lancer asked me after I checked them.

"...Yeah." I answered sadly and sat down, thinking.

Huh... What can I do with these two now...

The question remained in my head. Making them be bad guys after such a massacre wasn't really a good idea. So after a little thinking, I decided it was best to let them rest. I grabbed both of them and made my way to the room before. Even though Kris was unconscious, he was still groaning at a very low tune, almost unhearable. I laid their unconscious bodies on the area before and decided to drop a Dark Candy near Kris so he would recover faster. Then I Iooked at the fluffy girl...

...She... can get one herself.  I can't explain why, but this girl pisses me off. Every time she's with Kris... Huh... I bet Kris will give her this fruit instead of eating it. Then she will be very grateful and stuff. Pathetic... Such useless friendship. What did Kris saw in this 'princess'? She's weak. She's dumb. She can't do anything without him...

I sat on the ground, sighing and watching Kris.

I'm starting to think that... he likes her. But... Why does this bother me...