Chapter 14 - Revenge

General POV

Kris smiled at Ralsei after realizing his true feelings. To him, staring wasn't creepy but soon found out that the princess was getting embarrassed by the stare. He quickly turned away before anything could go wrong. When he looked away, his smile faded. A black shadow was in front of them again.

"...is that what I think it is?" Ralsei asked Kris as they approached it. A light appeared in the shadow and revealed it. It was the trashing machine from earlier again. Susie and Lancer came running and Lancer clicked a button making the machine explode into dust and smoke. Ralsei was almost sent backward with the fright but Kris caught her in time. "Why did you build another one just to blow it up?" Ralsei asked still shaking with the fear she caught.

"It's funny!" Lancer laughed.

"Well, in any case, you defeated us... I suppose we can become bad guys now!" Ralsei said trying to seem optimist even she had doubts about what was going to happen now.

"Hey, not so fast!" Susie quickly answered not wanting them to be. Before their fight, she wanted them to be bad guys at her command but after she saw them in that state her mind changed. It's wasn't fair of Susie to make them after almost killing both. Beyond that, she could enjoy fighting against Ralsei one last time. She wasn't proud of her behavior in the past but still felt mad about Ralsei. Everything in Ralsei made Susie angry. Although she didn't know the reason. 

"It's really boring if you just give up!!! The LEAST you can do is show some resistance!" Lancer demanded with his tongue out.

"Yeah, looks like we gotta teach you a lesson!" The purple lizard said and took the blue blade's ax of her back. Lancer jumped to his bike pretending to be preparing the bike's non-existence engine.

"You're going to thrash us AGAIN?!" Ralsei said surprised by their attitude. Kris looked at Ralsei. He had faith they would win this time but Ralsei didn't seem as confident. His SOUL hurt for a moment as Ralsei finished.

"Seems like it." Susie smiled and another battle started.

Kris' SOUL flew again from his chest but this time Kris had a plan. Not wanting to risk his downfall for a second time he decided to grab it with his hands to protect it. He was defying the typical fighting style between humans and monsters with Darkners on the mix this time. (I feel I'm writing a recipe)

Throughout Humans and Monster's co-history, when they fought humans always had an advantage. Their SOULs, Humans' SOULs were always stronger which lead to humans having better resistance than monsters since monsters were attacked in the body, getting weakened easier. But it came with a risk. When a SOUL was attacked a certain amount of time, it cracked, causing unimaginable pain that leads to the human's death. Kris' SOUL was already weak from last time and he didn't want to repeat the process.

Instead of grabbing his sword, Kris was just protecting his SOUL from any attack. This was a test to his reflexes now.

Although the blue human was mad at Susie, he tried to resist the temptation of dropping his SOUL and attack. He decided to reason with Susie so she wouldn't fight but she screamed that his actions wouldn't work on her.

Confused about how to attack, Susie jumped to Lancer's back drove in direction of Kris. Kris jumped to his left side, rolling and trying to evict smashing his own soul in the fall. Susie was considering if she should really attack at this point. If she blamed a blow on him, Kris would get weaker and possibly die because his HP wasn't on the maximum but on half.