Chapter 7 - Lancer, the King's son

General POV

"Face my Diamond Cutter!" The enemy screamed and aimed at Kris' SOUL. It flew away from his body once again, showing that the battle had started. This time, it was someone trained so they needed to be more careful than with Lancer.

Unfortunately for Kris, because he was still embarrassed from what happened earlier, the human didn't manage to avoid the diamonds spades. The pattern was new and the human wasn't experienced enough to dodge it at first. He closed his eyes, fearing the worst, but didn't feel anything. Ralsei, on the other hand, was with a face of pain and on her knees.

With that, a sudden rage evaded Kris' head.

Ralsei's POV

I was hit by the enemy's attack. It didn't hurt a lot but definitely did some damage. I was very happy that Kris and Susie arrived at last and that the prophecy could be fulfilled but neither I or Kris were very good at fighting so far.

Apparently, our connection wasn't just emotionally but also physically. Our SOULs really were connected. Kris seemed to have realized the same. 

The attack hurt but I didn't want to fight the enemy and hoped Kris didn't want as well so I looked at him...

He was shivering a lot which made me concerned. 

What happened to him? Why does he look in pain? Maybe... Maybe he's just angry at the enemy. But... Would he attack it after everything I told him?

The idea terrified me even further.

I waited for him to command our next turn, with my hopes high in the sky. Whether Kris knew it or not, the choices we make will change the world. If he made the wrong calls then... Everything could change for the bad. I really hoped he wouldn't attack the enemy mercilessly.

He closed his fists in anger and stared at the floor. Time became inexistent at that point. The more we attack, the more levels we'll gain. The more levels we have... The more we'll hurt. And as the heroes, that's the opposite of what we should do.

Rudinn, the green living diamond, seemed to be lost on its mind without realizing that could be attacked. I watched Kris' SOUL shaking wildly fast. Something clearly wasn't right with him. All this tension was killing me inside. I waited for so long... Would he just ruin everything after the tale I told him?...

Kris grabbed his sword strongly and...

Didn't attack.

He shook his head violently and changed his FIGHT for ACT and told me to DEFEND. He told the enemy to quit fighting. Rudinn surprisingly agreed with that.

"I guess that makes sense!" Rudinn said and tried to attack us once again but Kris dodged the flying spades this time. On our next turn, I waited for Kris to spare the enemy. I looked at him smiling that our first battle wasn't going that badly and he looked back at me smiling but his smile was... scary. The way Kris smiled didn't seem genuine. It was more of an evil grin. Afterward, he grabbed his sword rapidly and attack Rudinn with all his strength.

Kris's POV

Everything blanked out. I didn't remember anything. Only darkness. My head was spinning and I felt dizzy for a couple of seconds.

I blinked twice and saw a pink sword on my hand. A black creature with a green hat was looking at me with a face of shock and fear. Another green creature was running away.