Chapter 11 - Misunderstanding

Ralsei's POV

After Susie and Lancer left I and Kris walked around searching for the path to the castle but ended up in a room with a chest that had a Ragger inside. He gently gave it to me. I thanked him, blushing.

"Feels prickly... Nice!" I said as tried it. I felt like this made me look cuter but decided it was best to keep it to myself instead of asking Kris again. When I noticed he was staring at me again and I immediately started blushing.

"Kris...! It's the third time you're staring at me!" I said in frustration although still blushing. He became embarrassed and apologized.

I don't why but he keeps gazing at me... I wonder why.

Kris whistled, calling my attention. Apparently, I was on the moon and while I was thinking he made his way back from where we came.

After a little walk, we came across Susie and Lancer. They were drawing what seemed like an evil plan. We approached them.

"Then add a mustache over there..." Susie told Lancer.

"Hee hee, like this?"

"Haha! Yeah! That's perfect!!!"

"How's the scheming coming along, you two?" I asked like usual hoping they wouldn't get offended this time.

"Hey, don't LOOK! Spoilers!" Susie screamed when I tried peeking at their draws. Kris shrugged at me and touched Susie's arm. She looked at him.

"Hey Kris, Lancer's gonna like, help me rip up my outfit so it looks all... Badass and renegade and stuff." Susie teased Kris. I wondered what she was trying to do by saying that.

"Yes! I have some wavy scissors!" Lancer said smiling.

"Just sayin', if you join OUR side he can do yours too." Susie continued, smiling. Kris put his hand on his chin. My eyes widened in shock when I realized what Susie was up to.

She's trying to steal Kris!? No, it can't be! Kris is the legendary hero! I need him!

I tried to hide my embarrassment and kept myself calm.

"Kris, if you, stay on my side... I can... um, hem some floral patterns into your ascot." I told Kris trying to stop Susie's attempt to make him a bad guy. I couldn't stand losing him! I got nervous. Kris was about to answer with gest but Lancer interrupted.

"Ooo, can you hem some into me?" Lancer asked me. Susie face-palmed.

"No...?"

Susie signed and focused on their plan. I smiled, after all, Kris didn't say he was going to be from her's team.

Spikes were keeping us looked here so Kris solved the wall puzzle just by copying the answer that was written above. The Dark Fun Gang noticed, started laughing and ran away afterward because they were now free. They were really serious about their team after all.

The next room was once more blocked by spikes. Kris groaned when he realized it and that the puzzle instructions were vandalized. Luckily for us, three heads that came from a holes in the ground helped Kris with the instructions and he managed to do the right answer. We started heading to the now free path.

"Heyy~! It's my birthday today~! And you didn't even SAY HELLO!? That's fine, actually..." The darkner who helped us with the puzzle told us. "Stop and say hi, folks~! Shut up! They don't DESERVE us! H-Hey, calm down, you two. Let's celebrate my birth day~! Yeah, get ready to HURT! Oh, I'm s-sorry about this...!" They said and put themselves on the front of Kris to stop us. I started to question if every creature in this land was going to attack us.