trece

warning ; drug usage.

taehyung followed jeongguk up a staircase slowly, taehyung not sure where they were headed. jeongguk was carefully walking, trying extra hard not to spill the sodas that were in his hands as he knew taehyung would be dehydrated after crying.

they had quickly ran behind the counter despite hyungwon's protests, and opened a door with a staircase on the other side.

they reached the door at the top, and jeongguk turned around and pushed it open with his back, gesturing for taehyung to follow him out of it.

immediately bright light flooded into the dimly lit staircase, making taehyung shield his watering eyes as he climbed the last few steps and stepped out.

the not yet dried tears on his cheeks stung a bit as it was chilly, and the wind was not helping. he took a few more steps outside and looked around, realizing where they were.

they were on the roof of the skating rink, and both boys could still hear the old pop songs playing through the speakers of the place.

the sun was low in the sky, and there were few cars driving around despite the packed parking lot of the skating rink. taehyung looked out, seeing that from up here you had a perfect view of the skyline.

"i discovered this place after about a month of working here." jeongguk spoke suddenly, making taehyung look over at him and smile despite the stinging in his eyes from crying.

"pretty, isn't it?' jeongguk said absentmindedly, looking at the view with sparkling eyes.

taehyung quickly nodded, although he knew jeongguk couldn't see it. jeongguk walked towards the edge, where a large concrete border stood that was about waist height.

he placed the sodas down on it, and then swung his legs over one at a time so he was now sitting on it with his legs dangling off above the parking lot.

he tapped the space next to him and looked over his shoulder, flashing a small smile. "come sit baby."

taehyung walked over to him and sat down, struggling a bit which made them both laugh. the moment he sat down jeongguk wrapped an arm around him and pulled him close, which helped with the cold a lot.

they were silent for a moment, until taehyung decided to start swinging his legs back in forth which made them both emit a fit of giggles.

jeongguks face however fell from the wide smile into something more serious, and taehyung knew that he was going to have to talk about it now.

"what happ-"

"i saw my ex." taehyung answered before jeongguk could even finish asking the question.

"um, her name is jisoo." taehyung continued, fiddling with his hands nervously. jeongguk noticed the movement and reached over, taking taehyung's hand in his.

this made taehyung look up and into his eyes, and his hands immediately stopped moving. jeongguk's eyes looked so warm and comforting, all his nerves went away.

"we had a rocky breakup, i told her i was gay." taehyung said more firmly this time.

"she ended up spreading a bunch of rumors about me, and i live in a largely homophobic community so everyone finding out that i was gay was not ideal." he laughed shakily, looking down and resisting the urge to begin fumbling with his hands again.

"i got beat up a lot of times, and i was only 15 so it was hard to cope with. one time someone even-" his voice broke off and the tears came rushing back, he had to bite his lip to stop them.

"it's okay taehyung, you don't have to go into detail." jeongguk said softly, rubbing soothing circles with his thumb on taehyung's hand. taehyung gave a small nod and swallowed back the tears, erasing the memory from his mind.

"it's just seeing her again brought back a lot of memories, and it was really overwhelming." he finished with a small sigh, feeling emotionally drained.

he buried his face into jeongguk's shoulder, making the younger rub his back soothingly.

"i want you to know i'm always here for you." jeongguk whispered, and taehyung squeezed his hand tighter.

"i know, thank you."

"plus, i won't hesitate to kick her ass, i've never hit a girl before but i'm willing to make an exception because she seems like a terrible person."

this made taehyung take his head out of jeongguk's shoulder and laugh, hitting the black haired's arm harshly.

taehyung wiped his tears and sniffled, and if trying to rid himself of any remaining sadness.

"so, do you have a sob story?" taehyung asked jeongguk in a joking voice, making both of them laugh a bit.

"actually, i do." jeongguk said calmly, while staring at the skyline.

when he didn't continue, taehyung looked at him expectantly, causing jeongguk to turn to him in surprise.

"you want me to tell it?"

"yes."

jeongguk breathily laughed, and reached into his pocket to pull something out.

"if i'm going to that, i have to smoke first." taehyung realized what he had been reaching for was a pipe, and cocked an eyebrow.

"like weed?" he asked, and jeongguk froze, realizing taehyung might not be comfortable with that.

"oh i'm sorry, is that a deal breaker?" he rushed to put the pipe back, innerly beating himself up because he might have just ruined his chances with taehyung.

"no, not at all." taehyung stopped jeongguk's frantic movements, and jeongguk let out a long sigh.

"phew." he also pulled out a bag full of weed, and began packing it into the pipe. "have you ever smoked before?" he asked taehyung, not looking up from his hands.

"mmm, once or twice."

jeongguk looked up momentarily and gave taehyung a half smile, before looking back down. "oh yeah?"

he finished packing it, and pulled out a lighter, handing both objects to taehyung. "you can take the first hit then."

taehyung giggled and accepted both, positioning the pipe on his lips before lighting it and taking a hit. he breathed it out, making him cough and jeongguk laugh at him.

"so, are you going to tell me?" taehyung asked before raising the pipe up to his lips, preparing to take another hit.

"oh yeah!" jeongguk was reminded, and he collected his thoughts for a moment before beginning.

"my parents have no idea i'm gay."

-