treinta y sies

3 years later

jeongguk was nervous.

his dad has been in prison for almost three years now, and he hasn't spoken to him once. rightfully so, the man is a psychopath, but the blood relation part complicates the situation. he ran a hand through his hair out of instinct, took a deep breath and walked through the door a guard was holding open for him.

there he was. in all his fucking glory. jeongguk's breath hitched in the back of his throat, and he momentarily stopped all movement. realizing where he was, he continued over to the man who raised him.

fingers lightly trembling, jeongguk picked up the phone. his dad was already holding his, looking at jeongguk with an unreadable expression on his face. there was a pause, neither of which knowing what to say or who should speak first.

"guess you finally decided to see me."

his dad broke the silence. jeongguk frowned at the voice he hadn't heard in years. it sounded grimier somehow, like he had been worn down from his situation.

"yeah," jeongguk grimaced, "yeah i did."

there was another silence, and jeongguk realized that everything he had wanted to say wasn't easy to bring up naturally.

"how have you been kid?"

jeongguk felt a small annoyance. "you have no right to call me that."

"what, kid?" his dad sounded offended, almost sad in a way that would've made jeongguk feel guilty if he hadn't put up with the manipulation for years on end. he sighed slowly, deciding it was best not to pick a fight right now. he really wanted to, after taehyung had talked him up in the car for so long, but there was something about the way his dad looked. his eyes that used to have a small glimmer in them were dull, and the lines that you could hardly see on his face before became more apparent. jeongguk knew he shouldn't and had no need to be, but he couldn't help but feel worried.

"you look like shit."

his dad let out a low chuckle, seeming a bit surprised by the bluntness of the comment. "i see you've grown a pair of balls son." jeongguk felt anger rise up in his chest, but swallowed it down like you would whiskey. "yeah, i guess i have."

there was a silence, a terribly awkward silence, in which jeongguk fiddled with his fingers while staring at anything but his fathers sunken eyes. his hands, his hands looked worn, with dirt under the fingernails and callouses double the size since he last saw him. three years.

"how's taehyung?"

jeongguk snapped out of his daze, eyes widening, meeting his fathers in shock. the question itself was surprising, but he was more surprised that his father had even remembered his name.

"h-he's great," jeongguk choked out, "hes great." he repeatedly more firmly, feeling like the first time was unsatisfactory.

his dad nodded, "that's great son."

jeongguk winced slightly, but decided to let it go. he was in prison, it seemed like he had got we he deserved fairly enough.

the silence fell again, faintly in the background you could hear yelling and doors opening and closing.

"so why are you here?"

jeongguk raised an eyebrow. "what do you mean?"

"well it's been three years not so much as a call, i figured there must be a reason."

jeongguk remembered why he had come, and smiled. "oh yeah, um." he extended his left hand and showed his father. "i'm getting married."

his expression was unreadable. jeongguk was surprised that it wasn't one of anger, not that his opinion mattered, but his features remained blank, mouth pressed into a line. the only reaction was a sharp exhale, and his eyes grew slightly larger.

"to taehyung?"

"yeah."

his dad nodded, for way too long actually, and proceeded to pick at his ring finger with his thumb.

"why'd you tell me?"

"i just thought you should know."

his father inhaled deeply, and his left eye twitched slightly. "well, you know i won't support it."

jeongguk didn't know what he expected. for his dad to have changed and congratulated him? for him to proclaim that he was sorry for all the wrong he had done in the past, to say that when he got out he would be the father jeongguk never had and try to earn his forgiveness? he felt naive, but at the same time he felt angry, angry that he was beating himself up over it when it was all his fathers fault. he could tell by the look on the man's face. nothing had changed.

"i shouldnt have come." jeongguk pulled back his chair, and prepared to leave.

"wait, son-"

jeongguk froze.

he turned towards his father, and pointed a finger at him.

"you do not get to call me that. you have done nothing but berate me, abuse me, and mistreat me all my life, no matter my biological relation to you, you will never be my father. ever."

he turned to leave, not bothering to put the phone up, instead letting it hang.

after a moment of thought he turned back around, and said one more thing.

"and i'm gonna fucking marry taehyung."

he slammed the phone down this time, and sped towards the door, almost going to fast for the guard to even open it for him.

his thoughts moving a million miles an hour he walked through the hallways, his pace speeding up the closer he got to the door. he had wanted to say more. his father had deserved so much worse than that, he had deserved a whole life of the horrible things he had put jeongguk through. but jeongguk wasn't his father. a single tear escaped his eye, but he wiped it away immediately. he had done it. he was finally in a position of power opposite the man who had dominated his whole life, and he had won. he didn't stoop to his level, but he let him know just how low his level was. as jeongguk walked out the front door, a smile broke out on his face, despite the experience he had just had, despite his horrid dad.

and the reason why was simple.

taehyung was waiting for him.

-

sorry i was gone forever but this was the last chapter! dw there will be an extremely fluffy epilogue cause this was sort of short and depresso. i'm super sorry for leaving but i think i'm coming back for good now so if u liked this one (even tho it was lowkey poorly written but i appreciate all the support) then please check out my other story "free" that i'm working on! it's sort of more serious than this one but i feel like it has a way more interesting story line instead of just depending 100000% on jeongguk and taehyung to make it even remotely exciting. anyways i love anyone who still will come back and read these last two chapters despite them being a whole ass YEAR late! much love mwah

 anyways i love anyone who still will come back and read these last two chapters despite them being a whole ass YEAR late! much love mwah