veinticinco

[triggering subjects]

"dad?" jeongguk called as he opened the door, frowning when he saw that all the lights in the large house were turned off, making it look extremely empty. he could've sworn he'd seen his dad's car in the driveway-

"what did i say about calling me that?" jeongguk heard a booming voice call from the kitchen, a chill running down his spine.

with slowed footsteps he approached the kitchen, every step echoing throughout the entire house.

he reached the kitchen and froze when he saw his dad alone at the table, a cup of whiskey in his hand and his facial expression completely blank.

jeongguk felt fear overtake his body, the way his father looked so utterly emotionless was bone rattling. he also tended to be more aggressive while drunk, so the alcohol in his hand was a terrible sign.

"you texted me?" jeongguk asked, voice timid. mr. jeon's head snapped up, looking at jeongguk with an indecipherable gleam in his eyes.

"ah, yes." his lips curled up into a dark smile, one that basically screamed evil. an involuntary chill ran down jeongguk's spine.

"i did, didn't i." his dad took another swig from his cup, drinking it with ease and maintaining eye contact with jeongguk the entire time.

jeongguk gulped, and shuffled nervously. "so, why did you need me?" there was a silence, that was broken by a hearty chuckle coming from his father.

the laughter rang throughout the house, and despite the fact that he was laughing, jeongguk was terrified.

the laughter slowly died down, and completely ceased when the older took one last drink from his cup, his facial expressions hardening into something that was the complete opposite of laughter.

anger.

the silence following the laughter was disrupted by the harsh sound of glass breaking, jeongguk's father had flung the cup on the floor, it shattering into a million pieces.

jeongguk flinched, backing up away from the kitchen's door frame in fear. his dad stood up menacingly, giving jeongguk a hard glare while approaching him.

"so you're gay, huh jeongguk?" he rose his eyebrows, taking a step forward for every step jeongguk took back. jeongguk's eyes were trained on his own feet, careful not to trip.

"n-no, i-"

no emotion could be seen in them other than pure rage, and holy shit it was terrifying.

"i'm s-sorry-"

he hit him.

jeongguk stumbled back after the impact, falling down on the floor. he clutched the soon to form handprint on his face, blinking back tears at the stinging pain.

"when i ask you a question, you answer me!" he yelled, and jeongguk nodded frantically, his lip now bleeding.

"yes father." he whispered, voice wobbling while his father smirked at him.

"now tell me. why is it that last night, i saw you kissing a boy outside in the rain?" he said, voice low and gravelly.

jeongguk had to block out the pain in his lip to try and answer his question, and also had to contain the tears. seeing those would only make him angrier.

"because i'm gay." jeongguk said quietly, not missing how his dad's eyebrows furrowed and his cocky smile dropped.

"you're actually gay?" he asked, tone neutral. confused, jeongguk nodded, and then panic filled him when he saw his facial expression.