veinte

it had taken a week of moping to do so, but jimin had finally gathered up the courage to text seokjin and ask to talk it out.

he sent the text and bit his lip, trying to ignore the pit feeling in his stomach from the nervousness.

he crossed his fingers, and waited.

&

seokjin sighed as he knocked another drink back, trying to block out another joke that namjoon was making. they were both at the bar, deciding that they wanted to have a night out together.

both were already hammered, but seokjin was finding namjoon's corny jokes funnier and funnier the more drunk he was, so he kept knocking them back.

namjoon on the other hand, was telling more and more jokes the drunker he got, so it was a win-win situation.

"did you know," namjoon slurred, holding up a shot of tequila that he was about to take, "that the whole 'why did the chicken cross the road' thing, is a-"

seokjin slammed an empty shot glass down on the table, and proceeded to finish namjoon's sentence for him. "a suicide joke?"

namjoon raised an eyebrow and giggled, making seokjin giggle too. "how did you know i was gonna say that?" he asked, seokjin barely able to decipher his words.

"i don't know, maybe boyfriend telepathy?" seokjin suggested, smiling when it made namjoon laugh, dimples flashing fully.

"boyfriend telepathy." namjoon agreed, lifting up his glass to clink it with seokjin's before they both downed it, erupting into another fit of giggles.

"damn, tequila is disgusting." namjoon commented, and seokjin nodded, mumbling an "amen."

namjoon was about to order them another round of shots, when seokjin's phone buzzed. "can you check that for me babe?" seokjin asked, looking around the room, feeling kind of dazed.

"sure thing." namjoon reached over and lifted the phone up, confusion enveloping him once he noticed who had texted.

jimin
look, seokjin

jimin
hoseok's out of town

jimin
can you come over? i just wanna talk.

disregarding the last text, namjoon put the phone down in disbelief, turning to seokjin feeling like his heart had been ripped out.

"the fuck is this?" he asked, getting seokjin's attention, who furrowed his brows in confusion. namjoon picked up the phone again and clicked it on, shoving it in seokjin's face.

"what-" seokjin began, and then he read the texts and his eyes widened. "jimin texted me?" he said in shock, but namjoon was far too drunk to notice the tone in his voice.

"don't play dumb." he scoffed, placing the phone harshly back down on the countertop. "hoseok isn't home? the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

seokjin's mouth nearly fell open in shock, they were just having a blast earlier and now namjoon just seemed so angry.

"joon, what are you suggesting." seokjin uttered slowly, trying to make namjoon actually think before he said anything too stupid.

"what do you think i'm suggesting." namjoon swiveled on his chair, turning away from seokjin has he placed his arms on the bar, burying his head in his hands.

"please tell me you don't think i'm-" seokjin was cut off by namjoon turning to look back at him, a mixture of hurt and rage painted on his face.

"cheating?" he spit, and seokjin froze, his mouth falling open. his entire world came to a halt, he just felt stunned.