treinta y dos

[i apologize for being MIA forever. i got my surgery and went through a bit of a time when i didn't feel like doing anything at all, so i quit this app. but im coming back because i really want to finish this book. so this time i am actually back, forreal. love u all and i missed u and this book. enjoy <3]

taehyung woke up on jeongguk's shoulder, the only background noise being snores coming from across the room and the credits of infinity war blaring from the tv.

his eyelids were heavy and he felt extremely groggy, and for just a second he had no idea where he was.

he blinked a couple times and looked around, and then realized he was at yoongi's and the snores were coming from a sleeping "yoongles" himself.

jeongguk was also sleeping, his lips slightly parted and his arm still lightly curled around taehyung's waist while the boy sat up in confusion.

taehyung's first thought was to look for his phone, so he did. he spotted it further down on the couch and grabbed it, checking the time and seeing it was 7:45pm.

another thing he saw was around a million missed calls from his mom.

his eyes widened and he picked up his phone to his ear, not forgetting to slide left on one of the notifications so it called his mom for him.

the phone only rang once.

"taehyung, i've been worried sick! where are you?"

taehyung stood up slowly from the couch and walked away, feet pattering lightly on yoongi's hardwood floors that he remembers the dark haired was thrilled about when they first got installed rather than his ugly brown carpet.

"hey, mom, uh" he began, but then cleared his throat once realizing that he sounded like a smoker from having just woke up.

"me and jeongguk went to yoongi's and ended up falling asleep, uh," he paused again to lick his lips, his severe cotton mouth that he was just now realizing he had becoming unbearable.

"what's going on?" he finally finished, praying his mother hadn't picked up on the one million "uh"s he seemed to slip into that broken sentence.

"there's police at the house here to see jeongguk about his father, and they've been waiting for over 3 hours because you haven't picked up your phone!"

taehyung sucked in a sharp breath, glancing over at jeongguk who was still fast asleep on the couch.

"i'm sorry mom. we'll be right there." taehyung heard his mom start to say something back, but he hung up the phone with a sigh and placed it into his pocket.

he stood still, thinking over everything that was going on at the moment. he closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, trying his best to force away the headache that he could already feel coming in.

&

3 hours earlier

mrs.kim opened her front door immediately after the knock. a man clad in a obnoxious blue uniform was standing on the other side, and she sighed to herself.

"hello, we received a call about a case of domestic abuse?"

"yes come on in." she stepped out of the way to allow the man in, closing the door behind him and collecting her thoughts.

the policeman looked the place up and down, staring around the cosy home as he followed mrs.kim's footsteps into the kitchen. "have a seat." she pulled out a chair and he sat in it with a huff, and mrs.kim joined him, sitting in the seat directly across from him.