veintinueve

"who is this?" taehyung's mom yelled, pointing towards a still shirtless jeongguk who gulped nervously. his father looked equally as angry, both scaring the living hell out of jeongguk despite the fact that he was physically bigger.

"i'll explain in a minute, just let me take you into your room so it can be private-" taehyung began, pleading with them.

"fine, but i want him out of this house." taehyung's father boomed, pointing a finger at jeongguk which made him flinch. taehyung's heart shattered.

"no, just wait! please just let me talk, okay?" taehyung stepped up from the couch, already having pulled his shirt on in the midst of things.

he stood in between his parents and jeongguk, trying to make sure jeongguk didn't feel scared, because that's the last thing he wanted.

"taehyung, what did i just say? i want him out-"

"would you just listen to me for once in your lives!" taehyung snapped, the room falling silent. his mother's anger seemed to falter, but his father eye's held his.

"fine." he said through gritted teeth, clearly mad about taehyung's outburst. "but when we're done we're getting, this," he gestured towards jeongguk, "sorted out."

taehyung visibly relaxed, and waved a hand towards one of the two bedrooms in the house. he turned around quickly and have jeongguk a look, one that said, hold on, please, and then followed his parents into it.

the door closed shut behind him, and jeongguk sat on the couch, a bit shaken up from what just happened.

he shifted on the couch, pulling his t-shirt over his head and the staring at the carpet. he couldn't help but wonder what would happen if taehyung's parents did kick him out.

where would he go? did he have anywhere to go? he could stay at namjoon and seokjin's, but he would just feel like a burden.

same goes for jimin and hoseok's-

just at the thought his phone buzzed, and it was as if the device read his thoughts. hoseok was calling him.

he stared at the phone in confusion. hoseok hasn't sent him as much as a text in weeks, and apparently jimin hadn't heard from him either. what was up with him?

he almost answered, but then the muffled sound of yelling reached jeongguk's ears. they were arguing, but jeongguk couldn't make out what they were saying.

jeongguk reluctantly turned away from his phone, turning the ringer off and trying to listen for any signs of what they were talking about.

he fiddled with his fingers, drawing small circles onto the fabric of his jeans that covered his thighs. the leg that wasn't being drawn on was bouncing up and down rapidly due to jeongguk tapping his foot.

the entire house went silent, and jeongguk's foot tapping stopped. he felt like he was holding his breath, until he realized he actually was and he breathed out.

as he did so the door to the bedroom opened, a weary looking taehyung stepping out.

he was followed by his father and mother, his mom looked significantly less angry but his dad still wore a stern frown.

"jeongguk, we'd like to apologize for our behavior earlier. we didn't understand the full story, and we'd be delighted to let you stay here for awhile." his mother walked towards jeongguk, reaching her hand out for him to shake.