catorce

there was a small silence after jeongguk said the words, taehyung cocking his head in confusion.

"how come?" he asked, breathing out the smoke slowly without coughing this time.

"they're like, raging homophobes." jeongguk said, his voice sounding a bit shaky. they way he spoke was lighthearted, but you could tell it was a sensitive subject for him.

"i'm sorry to hear that gguk." taehyung passed the lighter and pipe back to jeongguk, who took it eagerly.

"it's okay, don't apologize. i'm just- scared." he took a long hit, ignoring the burn in his chest as he inhaled.

"that's completely understandable, it's okay to be scared."
jeongguk just hummed in response, looking away a bit.

taehyung was about to say something to try and comfort the younger, when he heard the muffled sound of juke jam coming on.

"hey, it's this song again, i love it!" taehyung said excitedly as jeongguk blew out the smoke, smiling at the older's reaction.

"i know, me too."

taehyung then felt confused, and he turned to jeongguk. "hyungwon played this? so far he's only been playing old songs, that's weird." he thought out loud, and jeongguk chuckled nervously.

"yeah, well, i may or may not have asked him to play it at a specific time when i knew we would be up here..." he scratched the back of his neck before taking another hit, and waiting for taehyung's reaction.

"wait, really?" taehyung's mouth nearly fell open in shock.

jeongguk grimaced and nodded, letting out a small "uh huh," before putting the pipe back up to his mouth to take another hit.

"you're actually amazing." taehyung sighed, staring at jeongguk and giggling when the younger's face turned red.

"i am?" he asked with a high pitched voice, blowing out the smoke and then coughing uncontrollably.

taehyung laughed super hard, and jeongguk just fumbled around with his pipe as he put it back into his pocket, feeling embarrassed.

"you're a hopeless romantic though." taehyung chuckled, and jeongguk found himself staring at the older's face again.

"i guess i am." he got caught up in taehyung's features, smiling as he noticed that the sun was setting and he had in fact timed it right, being able to see taehyung in the sunset again was his goal.

and as juke jam was blasting in the background and taehyung's face was illuminated by golden lighting, he couldn't stop himself from rambling.

"taehyung, i like you. like a lot a lot. your laugh is cute, your face is cute just everything about you is so perfect, and i-"

jeongguk trailed off staring at the older as taehyung's face heated up, growing super red and feeling butterflies swarm in his stomach.

"why'd you stop talking." taehyung stared back at him, his voice nearly a whisper.

"because you're beautiful." jeongguk looked dazed, so lost in taehyungs eyes.

"beautiful?" taehyung squeaked, he had never been called that word before but it made him feel some type of way.

"yeah, beautiful." jeongguk slowly leaned in, his eyes flitting back in forth from taehyung's own chocolate colored ones and his pink lips.

he leaned in even more and crashed his lips against taehyung's, the older letting out a squeak of surprise before immediately kissing back.