veintitres

taehyung jumped slightly at the noise, it echoing throughout the previously silent room as taehyung wondered who the fuck was knocking on his window at night.

he immediately ducked down in bed, covering himself with the blankets and trying to hide from whatever was out there. another knock made him pull the covers down tighter, fear overcoming his body.

he was considering calling the police when he heard a muffled voice plead, "tae, please let me in."

he uncovered himself and got up, turning on his light and revealing jeongguk standing at his window. "gguk?" he asked in disbelief and immediately walked over, unlocking his window and opening it slowly.

jeongguk climbed in frantically, and it was merely a millisecond after taehyung closed his window when he was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

he yelped but eased into the younger's arms, hugging him back confusedly. "y'know, you could've just used the door. and where have you been all day? you had me worried!"

he questioned, but froze up when he felt jeongguk's body shake lightly and a small sob emit his lips, leaning into taehyung.

"woah, jeongguk!" he brought his hand up to hold the back of jeongguk's head, ignoring the fact that although he was smaller than his boyfriend he was basically supporting most of his weight at the moment.

he heard another small sob coming from jeongguk, and he hugged him tighter. "you're okay." taehyung whispered, and jeongguk just cried even harder in response.

taehyung had never seen jeongguk look sad let alone cry, and it was terrible. he had no idea what to do, no idea what to say and no idea how to let him know that he was there for him.

so he tried his damn hardest and hugged jeongguk tightly, allowing him to wet his own hoodie with tears as taehyung was wearing it.

feeling like his knees were about to buckle, taehyung began to walk the two over to his bed. jeongguk complied and walked with him, although he didn't let go no matter how hard it was to shuffle across the room.

taehyung turned so jeongguk could sit down first, and pulled back from the hug momentarily so he could sit next to him.

when he did so he was able to see jeongguk fully and in better lighting, and noticed that he had a black eye and a swollen lip, his stomach filling with dread upon the sight.

"gguk what happened?" taehyung rushed forward to gently cup his face with his hands, examining his injuries with soft touches while jeongguk tried to keep his bottom lip from trembling.

"i'll tell you l-later, i just-" jeongguk choked out, eyes looking deeply into taehyung's worried ones. he stretched his arms out to wrap around taehyung's waist and pulled him closer, so he fell on jeongguk's lap.

"i just wanna h-hold you." jeongguk breathed, another sob falling past his lips. taehyung nodded into his shoulder and moved his hands to wrap around jeongguk's back, letting his legs do the same.

he stayed silent as jeongguk cried into his neck, holding him tightly, taehyung returning the same tight grip although he was the one being held.

not after long jeongguk's cries had slowed and he scooted further onto the bed with taehyung still on him, and laid them down so they were in the same position but horizontal.