diecinueve

jeongguk showed up at taehyung's doorstep, dressed in a suit. his black hair was styled so his forehead was exposed, and he looking stunning, taking taehyung by surprise.

"why are you dressed so nice?" taehyung asked with wide eyes, looking down at his own attire. his jeans and a t-shirt were hardly a match.

"you'll see." jeongguk just responded, wiggling his eyebrows as he reached his hand out for taehyung to grab.

taehyung took it and let jeongguk lead him down the steps, still a bit confused. "should i have dressed nice?" he wondered out loud, making jeongguk laugh from in front of him.

"no baby, you're dressed perfectly fine." he opened his car door for taehyung, letting go of his hand while doing the action. "hop in."

taehyung giggled and stepped in, only laughing harder when jeongguk almost fell while jogging with exaggerated strides to the other side of the car.

jeongguk got in on the drivers side, laughing a bit as he did so. he gave taehyung a side smile as he turned the keys in the ignition, before turning around to look behind him as he backed up.

he was only driving with one hand, trying to impress taehyung, but he failed miserably when he almost crashed into someone's mailbox.

"shit." he muttered, and taehyung laughed loudly at him, making jeongguk innerly facepalm and put both hands on the steering wheel.

"for a show off, you're not very good at showing off." taehyung teased, and jeongguk groaned.

"shut it." he was finally done backing out, and he looked over at taehyung to see the older playfully zip his lips up and lock it with a fake key.

"you're a child." jeongguk rolled his eyes and chuckled and taehyung nodded with a closed mouth smile before turning up the nearly nonexistent music.

"and you love it."

&

"what the fuck jeongguk? this place looks like the taj mahal, i can't let you take me in there looking like this oh my god." taehyung rambled, clutching on to jeongguk's wrist.

jeongguk laughed at his reaction, but taehyung was not in the slightest bit joking. he was extremely stressed in the moment, he was literally wearing jeans and a t shirt.

he doesn't even know if he even has any clothes that would be fitting for this atmosphere, but anything would be better than his current outfit.

"you have to let me go home and change, holy shit." he tried to drag jeongguk back to the car, but the younger is way stronger than him.

"com'on taehyung you're fine. no one will care, and besides..." jeongguk pulled him in the direction of the restaurant, stopping his speech when he realized he wanted that to be a surprise.

"besides what?" taehyung stopped struggling to peer at jeongguk curiously, and jeongguk chuckled and began walking faster. "you'll see soon enough."

taehyung hummed, knowing even if he pressed jeongguk for an answer he wouldn't get one, no matter how much the question ate away at his insides.

they walked into the restaurant, taehyung's breath hitching at the sight. the floors were carpeted and velvet, and the walls and ceiling were white with expensive chandeliers hanging and paintings put up.

"it's beautiful in here." taehyung breathed, allowing himself to forget about the measly gray hoodie that was hanging from his frame.

"not as beautiful as you." jeongguk smiled at him before turning around to face the hostess, leaving taehyung a few steps behind him as a blushing mess.