quince

"you're gay? seriously?" seokjin heard a voice spit, not even sure which direction it was coming from at this point.

he lay on the floor, in the midst of a circle of unforgiving high school students that were relentlessly throwing insults at him.

"no, i-" seokjin tried to defend himself, but he was interrupted by a harsh kick to his stomach, making him grimace in pain.

"shut up, we caught you and that boy together yesterday." someone yelled, and seokjin assumed it was the same person who kicked him.

"we should go pay him a visit, shouldn't we?"

"no, please don't hurt him!' seokjin exclaimed, eyes wide.

"come on." just then everyone left together, except one lingered behind.

"seokjin." the boy whispered, crouching down next to seokjin's hunched over form.

"youngjae."

"seokjin, you need to prove to them you're not gay, or else this'll be every day for you!" youngjae whispered, trying to keep his voice down.

he wasn't sure how he felt about gay people, but he was worried for his friend.

"but youngjae, i fucking am gay." seokjin responded, a hint of anger in his voice.

"look, no you're not! you were just... experimenting." youngjae tried to reason, and seokjin rolled his eyes despite the pain in his stomach.

"youngjae, i'm gay! i like jimin, and i'm fucking gay, okay?"

youngjae's eyes widened, but he stayed silent.

"youngjae, are you coming?" one of the boys who were circled around seokjin yelled from down the hall, and youngjae nodded and got up to follow.

he had to help seokjin.

seokjin woke up, breathing heavily. he felt his stomach frantically, checking for the bruise that he was sure was going to be there. when he felt nothing, he sighed in relief.

just a dream.

although it was more like a memory...

he shook his head to rid it of the thought, and tried to slow his breathing. he hated thinking about that day. the day where everything went wrong.

he slowly got up off his bed and walked to the kitchen, his throat feeling incredibly dry. he tip toed across the floor, careful not to wake up namjoon, who was sleeping.

with slightly shaking hands he opened up the cabinet and grabbed a glass, filling it up with water and downing the whole thing.

he involuntarily slammed the glass down on the counter, wincing at the loud noise. "shit." he said under his breath, and he innerly groaned when he heard the bed in the other room creaking, signaling namjoon was getting up.

"babe?" he heard come from the other room, followed by soft footsteps approaching the kitchen.

"you okay?" namjoon asked as he entered the kitchen, walking up to where seokjin was and leaning against a counter.

"yeah, i'm fine." seokjin answered, trying to hide the shakiness in his voice, but it didn't work.

"hey, what's up?" namjoon pushed off the counter and went up to seokjin, placing his hands on his waist.

seokjin shook his head and looked away from namjoon's eyes, knowing if he looked into them he would crack and tell him everything.

"nothing, just a bad dream." seokjin gulped, looking at the floor.