(Twilght-) Chapter Eighteen

Elora's Pov
The slight sound of a small beep over and over brought slight comfort to the full ache throughout my body. I felt a familiar hand running through my hair a bit, and it was a small trigger to wake me up.

I fluttered my eyes open just for a short second but winced feeling sensitive to the light.

"Hey, sweetie." I heard my aunt's voice call out in a soft voice and I focused both my eyes on her. My whole face showed relief and relaxation seeing her face.

"Auntie?" I whispered my voice feeling rough and hard. "Where am I?" I asked confused glancing down to see my wrist bandaged up and other wounds I had.

"Sweetie you were doing practices for prom with Alice, honey you fell through a window and snapped your wrist in six places." She explained made me wince badly imagining just how bad it must be to have worked on me.

"Sounds like me and something I would do." I joked. She cracked a small smile and a sudden thought went through my head.

"Whe-" I was gonna say but then my Aunt nodded towards the chair right by my hospital bed where Edward was 'sleeping'.

"He hasn't left your side since. He amazes me like he'll protect you no matter what." She whispered with a soft smile she gently pressed a kiss on my head.

"I'm gonna talk to Doctor Cullen, I'll be back." She told me. I nodded watching as she walked out and left. Once the small click of the door was heard Edward fluttered his eyes open sitting up getting off the chair coming over to me sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Is everyone okay, Where is James?" I strained out.

"Hey hey shhh Elora." Edward gently whispered. He slowly laid down in the bed with me. I wanted nothing more to embrace him and stay there

"Everything is okay, I handled James, Carlisle took care of everything back at the dance studio you're safe." He whispered leaning his head up pressing a gentle kiss on my temple making me relax shifting my head right on his chest.

"I love you." I whispered Edward kept both arms around me stroking my back gently.

"I love you." He whispered back and I kept my eyes closed relaxing to his touch and embrace both of us listening to the small beep over and over.

______________________________
"I still have no idea why I agree to come to prom." I laughed looking back over at Edward In the driver's seat. He cracked a grin at me as he grabbed my wrist tying a corsage around it.

"Cause you promised Bella and Alice you would go, besides Bella is here with Jacob." He told me amused.

"They are dating." I giggled puffing my cheeks out I got out first pulling down the black dress a bit grabbing Edward's hand in mine.

"Come on Mr. Vampire I know you aren't too old to dance." I joked. Edward breathed out a soft laugh while he followed behind me slowly back hugging me.

"Try not to fall my little lamb." He teased kissing my cheek with a soft kiss.

"Shh, you're gonna jinx it!"

"You believe in that?"

"Yes strongly."

"Look at them already arguing like a married couple."

"Shut up Jake."

"What it's true!"

After about two hours It was getting too hot and sweaty and Edward thought it was getting too noisy. So he brought me out to the gazebo were it was quiet and the faint sound of music was twirling around the area.

"See it wasn't too bad, and the night hasn't ended yet." He whispered towards me the both of us leaning on the railing a bit.

"You know crowds is something I have to get used to cause I'm.." I whispered but then I heard Edward whisper back.

"Quiet." He finished for me. I slowly nodded. I felt Edward grab my hand in his gently and pulled toward the middle as a gentle slow song started playing

"Elora from the day I met you, you've reminded me of something and I couldn't place my finger on it." He mumbled. I gazed up in his eyes swaying with him.

"And what's that babe?" I asked him gently.

"A quiet flightless bird, a baby bird you're just learning how to fly, which means you wanna be quiet as well, like how you draw your dreams as you get them, back at the dance studio I was scared because I thought I went too far, I thought I killed you or worse turned you." He whispered gently pulling me closer.

I gripped onto him more. "It was the worst pain I ever felt but you didn't go too far, Edward. That's all that matter, but what if one day I want you to change me?" I whispered.

Edward gazed at me again pulling me close again. "That's never gonna happen, Elora, only if it comes down to you dying, is when I'll ever have to change you." He whispered.

"You're not gonna want me when I'm here older than you Edward Cullen." I told him and he spun me around gazing at me.

"And I will not change you when its not a decision for right now Elora Inna." He whispered.

I cracked a small smile looking down before back up at him. "Who would have ever thought I would be madly in love with you Edward." I mumbled and his lips twisted to a gentle smile as he leans forward pressing his lips onto mine gentle like.

"And who would believe I would drop everything and anything just to be with you. My little flightless bird, you're my everything." He whispered and I leaned up gazing at him.

"You're my whole world, never forget that, till my heart stops beating." I whispered and Edward's gold eyes gazed at me as he smiled again.

"Forever." He whispered knowingly at me with that one charming smile on his lip.