Chapter Fifty Six

Elora's Pov
For a while, things were so peaceful for the first few months. I learned how to adjust with my new abilities even through I did break a lot of things on accident for the most parts. And for right now everything was falling into a peaceful place.

Jacob and Austin had their own little pack with Jacob being the alpha they had Seth and Leah but I was positive it would grow.

They spent a lot of time at the Cullen household cause of Austin, and everyone was accepting of my new status as a vampire even the Volturi sent in a gift, but I knew they would want actually proof.

But it seemed there was one little problem. Time. Ace seemed to be growing so fast. And I was lucky I took so many pictures and drew him when ever I could.

He went from being a small baby to in a few months looking like small four year old. I frowned a little watching Carlisle measuring him again, while Ace was staring at the ceiling, his curly hair almost falling into his eyes, his skin growing more color the more he grew.

I felt Edward was rubbing at my back slowly. "You grew some more inches Ace." Carlisle smile at him gently taking note, I chewed at my lip heavily sharing a look with Edward. Yeah time was really the only problem right now.

_______________________
I smiled a little feeling the small snowflakes slowly land all through out my face and on my skin. I had a beanie on my head to protect my hair from the snowflakes melting in my hair. I crouched down when Ace rushed over towards me jumping around a bit.

"Look mommy! It's a pretty snowflake." I grinned cupping his cheek so I could get a better look at it.

"Its so pretty baby, wanna catch me another one?" I asked him pressing a quick kiss to his nose. He nodded his head excited like letting me pull back, I stood up going back to stand near Austin who was watching Ace closely.

"Carlisle thinks we could find some answer in Denali." I told him hearing him let a small growl grunt out nodding his head at me.

I watched Ace jump up straight in the air catching a few but he seemed to be looking at something in the distance, he dropped back down rushing towards me.

"Mom who's that?" He asked clinging onto my jeans, I could see from how far we were seeing Irina. She was staring at me but then looked at Ace almost in disbelief.

"That's our cousin from Denali, Irina." I told him I took a step placing Ace on top of Austin.

"Irina!" I shouted but she then just kept looking in disbelief before running off, I quickly used my speed running after her quite fast catching her scent.

I ended up on top of the cliff moving towards where she stood, I glanced down there was nothing. What the hell was that all about? I ended up having to rush back towards Austin and Ace before we all made our way back to the main house to get Ace all warmed up.

"I got off the phone with Eleazar he said Irina was here to apologize." He informed me and Edward.

"Seeing Austin, probably spooked her, but nothing we should worry about." I chewed at my lip, but I saw Ace gently placed my sketchbook away.

"Mommy I wanna draw like you, it's so cool." He told me. I cracked a smile.

"Well I can teach you sweetie, takes a lot of practice but you can do it." I told him watching him bound his way to Edward, he placed Ace next to him on the piano.

Austin was watching with a smile but we all watched Edward showing him the right keys to play, and Ace was listening closely before he was pressing the buttons.

I leaned against the piano to watch closely listening to the soft music playing out, Ace seemed to catch on with the keys very quickly but we all looked quite startled when Alice roughly dropped a glass case in the floor I could smell the water hitting the floor.

Jasper was quick to rush over towards her "Alice what is it?" Jasper asked her.

"The Volturi they are coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard, and Irina." She whispered. I gently picked up Ace quite quickly holding him on my hip slowly.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward quickly asked fast. I held Ace's head a little when he clung to me.

"We were just walking around." I stated.

"Ace was catching snowflakes." Austin joined in. Edward looked very confused but he then spoke.

"Of course, Irina thinks Ace is an immortal child." Edward stated.

"A what?" Me and Austin spoke at the same time. That was when we all were sitting when Carlisle brought out a book showing us while I held Ace in my lap explaining it to us.

"The immortal children were very beautiful, so enchanting. To be near them was to love them, but their development was frozen at age they were turned, they couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread the Volturi was forever to intervene. And since the children couldn't protect our secret they had to be destroyed. The creators grew very attached, fought to protect them. Long established covens were torn apart, countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends even families lost."

I listened very closely rubbing at Ace's back a little. "But Ace is nothing like those children. He was born, not bitten he grows every single day, he eats human food and can drink animal blood." I stated defensively.

"Can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Austin snapped out looking between everyone. Edward shook his head a few times.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts." I grew more frustrated and Austin was feeling the same.

"Then we fight simple." He grumbled out.

"There defensive are off the charts no one can defend off Jane." Jasper spoke.

"Alec's even worse." Alice finished off.

"Well then we convince them." I also joined in some more.

"They are coming to kill us, not talk." Emmett scoffed.

"No you are. They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle you have friends all around the world." Edward called pushing himself off the wall.

"I won't ask them to fight." Carlisle answers back no hesitation.

"Not fight, witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we can convince the Volturi to listen." Edward finished off looking at me and Ace closely. Carlisle looked very hesitant and unsure but then Esme gently rubbed at his shoulders.

"We can ask this of our friends." She smiled softly.