Chapter Twenty Seven

Elora's Pov
"Austin, you have to trust me okay, I promise I will be back. I will I promise that." It didn't seem like my begs and reassuring wasn't helping him seeing as he was still frantic, worried, angry all of the above.

I couldn't be upset with him because even though he didn't let me speak to Edward. I don't think I was ready to face him yet. The pain had yet to fade away in my beating heart. But I wasn't gonna let him kill himself because he believes I was dead.

I won't allow it. Austin grabbed my hand straight from out the open window. Making Alice inhale watching between us uneasy.

"Just promise me okay? You'll be safe, and that if she or he hurts you." He snapped out sending Alice the deepest glare I've ever seen on his face before he focused his brown eyes back on me gently.

"There will be hell to pay." He finished gazing only at me. I gave him a soft reassuring smile and squeezed his hand one last time.

"I promise Austin, I'll come back in one piece. " I whispered out a breathlessly smile watching as he gave me one back. He reluctantly released his hand from my tight grip stepping away from the car allowing Alice to quickly press onto the gas speeding away before I could entirely blink or think.

I held myself the worry finally settling in. What if we didn't make it in time? Could my mind heal from the loss of Edward not just once but twice? I felt Alice grabbing my hand and I finally noticed I was shaking a little.

"Elora don't worry okay, it's gonna be okay alright, will save him, but first we have to head to Italy," She told me softly flashing her eyes to me. I nodded my head deeply. Shaking away the negative thoughts.

"We can do it, Alice, I know we can," I told her watching her smile.

"That's my girl, don't worry about a thing."

________________________________
After a long tiring eighteen hour flight, nightmares on the plane, and feeling the unsettling blazing inferno raiding off the blazing hot sun, that felt so strange and out of place for me.

I chewed on my nail harshly my short curls blowing with the breeze from the rolled down window bouncing my leg up and down. Alice speeding down the high roads.

"When did the nail-biting start?" She questioned in a concerned tone. "About a year ago, after my birthday," I explained. "Did you also cut your hair and get a tattoo after we left?" Once again she asked.

"Austin did both as a birthday gift," I explained breathing out a soft chuckle. "He is my best friend Alice," I told her. Before she got to answer her eyes went blank as a vision dashed behind her eyes.

"Alice? What did you see?" I questioned once I knew it faded. "Aro rejected him, they all did, it's because of his gift." She stammered out.

"What does that mean?" I asked sitting up.

"He's gonna break one the absolute laws, he's gonna show himself to a crowd of humans during the festival in front of the clock tower, as soon as the clock strikes twelve." She stuttered a brief image of Edward getting his head torn off flashed through my head making my entire body jolt with pain.

"Alice please hurry." I pleaded biting at my nails harder. Just enough to make them bleed.

The yellow car speeds up quickly. Alice hitting sharp turns trying her hardest not to hit people running, and walking around in bright red hooded cloaks.

Alice got a sharp break and I jolted forward looking at her. "I can't go any further, I'll be spotted, run through the crowd Elora you'll find the clock tower go now!" She exclaimed at me.

I wanted to yell at her in pure agonizing pain. But now wasn't the time for this. Giving her a fast nod. I opened the car and quickly I was sprinting through the crowd.

All the years of gym paying off. The burst of energy flowing through me. I could hear the loud ticking from the clock in my head making me more anxious. But I shook it aside and pushed through the crowd of people, families, and kids.

I scanned my eyes across the big fountain that stood through the center of the crowd. The clear blue water gushing and flowing out of it like a river. And then I saw him, Edward. And like always I thought it was stupid brain showing me an illusion like it has been doing for the past year in a half.

I knew I wouldn't make it if I can't get through the people. So quickly I shoved through everyone splashing into the water running through it fast jumping over it. Both feet shoes landing on the hard cement concrete and sprinted up the stairs just before Edward could push the red robe off his pale, sparkling skin.

As fast as I could I threw my arms around him hugging him hard, using my weight to push him back a little wanting to burst into tears feeling his cold skin against mine. It felt like forever it had been.

"Am I dead, is this where I should be." His soft broken voice filled my ears.

"Edward babe you need to open your eyes, please open them, you need to get out of the sunlight now." My voice cracked just the slightly watching as his golden eyes open and they held shock, disbelief, pain holding it all.

"Elora is that you...?" He cracked out. "I'm right here, I'm alive babe you need to move, please. " I begged finally being able to move him all the way inside the large wooden doors slamming behind us.

Edward's arms slide to rest against my sides slowly resting his forehead on mine. "You're really here... Alice... I thought you were dead." He cracked out. I believe if he could cry he would.

"I'm here," I whispered again all the pain slowly fading from my heart. Edward's hands went up to cup my face stroking the warm, brown skin and I traced his pale hands softly, the cold feeling still coursing through my body. A feeling I was gonna have to get use to.

I watched as Edward slowly stood up straight and pulled me close to him focusing his attention. I looked back too to see two vampires stood but they were different from Edward and all of them they had glowing deep dark red eyes.

"Seems like you've caused a lot of trouble Edward." One called out amused. "There's been a misunderstanding Demetri, Felix," Edward called out deeply sending them a soft small glare.

He held me in a protective hold looking between them. "Aro wants to see you." The other called out. "Go enjoy the festival with Alice okay? " He mumbled to me gently stroking my sides.

I looked up at him a little bit worried not wanting to leave him alone. It all just seemed off. I drew something like this.

"The girl goes with." Demetri snapped out. I

"She has nothing to do with this." Edward snapped out a murderous look flashing in his eyes.

I quickly grabbed his arm before another voice sounded out through. "Now now boys it's a festival isn't it play nice," Alice called out pulling her hood down sending them both a small fierce glare.

"You three come now, Aro wishes to speak to you. " Felix called once again. It really seemed like we didn't have any other choice.

I helped Edward slip his robe back on, finally noticing how weak he looked from not feeding. He dropped his hand down holding it close kissing my head.

"Stay close to me okay." He whispered gently and I gave his hand a deep squeeze whispering back

"Okay."