Chapter Twenty Three

Elora's Pov
"Austin its gonna hurt!"

"Elora no it's not hold still please."

"It's gonna hurt!"

"It will not!"

I wasn't too sure where the whole idea came from but who knew that I was gonna be sitting in a chair having a small freak out attack over the fact that Austin was gonna give me a small tattoo on my shoulder.

The idea sounded perfect in my head. But then when the actual needle hit my skin, I wanted to freak out. Over the course of a few weeks, me and Austin hung out more than we ever could imagine.

Soon in a month, I had gotten my hair cut short to the middle of my neck most of it curly now and Austin is an amazing friend.

He makes me laugh, we are able to joke and even tell each other little things that have brought us closer. "Just focus on my pretty eyes." He joked flicking his eyes up to meet mine. A smile still staying on his face.

I breathed out a small chuckle focusing on them the dull pain slowly fading away. "Do you still wanna head to La Push beach?" I asked him watching him focused on the task at hand.

"Totally, maybe then we can see cliff diving." He pointed out checking after and I looked at him confused.

"Cliff diving?" I question and he looked right back up into my eyes grinning pulling his sleeves up a little more nodding.

"I grantee you will love it Elora." He reassured me and I smiled slowly nodding my head.

"I trust you." I told him keeping my gaze on his.  He turned off the machine and slowly wiped my shoulder his touching lingering just a bit.

"I'm glad you trust me." He whispered and I gave another smile feeling him cup my cheek rubbing his thumb across I didn't notice but his touch was relaxing but it always had been.

______________________
"So are you gonna finally tell me the story I've been dying to know?" The soft little breeze brushed passed my hair as I gazed up at Austin the breeze messing his hair up a little that was pulled into a ponytail.

"If I tell you my story, you're gonna have to tell me one, all I know is that Seth and Leah are your younger cousins." I joked nudging him.

He smiled before looking at the sand crunching under his boots. "Alright fair enough." He chuckled focusing his eyes back onto me.

"When I was sixteen Seth and Leah were little, I moved away to control something I couldn't control because it hurt others around me, including someone I loved." He explained stopping for a moment me following with him.

"If you don't mind me asking, what couldn't you control?" I asked softly feeling his eyes still staring at me.

"Well myself really." He chuckled looking down.

"You're a smart girl, so can I know about this Cullen guy, that's all Bella and Jake will tell me." He pointed out slowly folding his arms. It felt like his eyes were reading into my soul every minute that passed.

I inhaled before looking back over towards the crashing waves of the ocean.

"Two years ago I met Edward, on accident actually the Cullens have the rep of being the odd ones basically, I learned a secret, it brought us both closer. We started dating and everything was beautiful for a while, kinda crazy but everything can be crazy." I moved slowly rubbing my arm were the scars were watching Austin's eyes follow my movement.

"Last year an accident happened and he and his family left." I told him forcing a small sad smile.

Austin looked at me with sadness in his eyes before he moved towards me wrapping me in a huge hug pulling me close. I breathed in a deep breath hugging him back gripping onto his shoulder blades, feeling him rub a gentle pattern across my back.

"Well he sounds like mister perfect." He joked to lighten up the mood. I released a soft chuckle still hugging Austin who tighten his grip even more.

"All jokes aside Edward seems like a jerk, I know he made a mistake but how can you fix a mistake by leaving?" He questions slowly pulling away for a moment brushing my hair back to tuck behind my ear.

"I've asked myself the same thing it never really works out in my brain." I joked watching him smile again he cupped my cheek gently squeezing it.

"I promise I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon." He reassured me in a quiet gentle tone. I placed my hand on top of his relaxing replaying his words in my head.

The moment was pulled away by loud screaming and sounds of excitement which confused me Austin turned around as soon as I did.

"Woah, what are they doing?" I questioned fast my eyes watching as the boys on top of the cliff, were shoving each other and straight into the crashing waves of the sea.

"Now that is cliff diving, scary as hell but you get a huge wave of adrenaline so fast." He explained with a grin turning back to face me.

I breathed out a soft chuckle rubbing my cheek lightly. "Woah now that's something I gotta try." I mumbled making Austin laugh loudly putting his arm around me helping me walk with him.

"Maybe later now can I see your sketchbooks?"

"Do you even have to ask?"