(New Moon) Chapter Nineteen

Elora's Pov
My body felt like it was engraved in a lot of sweat dripping onto the bed a bit feeling the dream stick into my head. It was such a strange fear that is gonna happen to everyone. Getting old, it happens to everyone and I wasn't sure why I was dreaming about it.

I slowly jolted awake and I felt a cold hand cupping my cheek gently stroking it bringing a small relief to the warmth all around me.

"Hey, Elora you alright?" I heard Edward whisper to me and I slowly flicked my eyes up to him seeing him looking at me with concern.

"Y-yeah I'm okay just a bad dream," I whispered looking around my room confused. Edward gently helped me pull my sweaty hair back keeping his eyes on me he pressed a small kiss on my forehead.

"It was just a dream don't worry." He whispered to me softly looking down at me more. I inhaled in and out trying to calm my racing heart down relaxing to his touch.

Edward pulled me closer onto his chest stroking my hair nuzzling his head on top of mine.

"You know what today is right?" He whispered his voice laced with amusement I let a small pout grace across my face as I puffed out some air.

"My 18th birthday yay." I faked exclaimed checking hearing Edward chuckling looking down at me.

"You're getting old love." He joked and I smacked his chest giving him a look.

"Not funny." I grumbled hearing Edward laughing as he shook with laughter.

"Wait I think... Is that a grey hair?" He whispered touching my hair and quickly. I shot up off the bed rushing over to the mirror looking through my hair quick relaxing.

I looked back over to see Edward laughing even harder shutting his eyes. "Babe! So not funny!" I yelled throwing a pillow at him making him just laugh harder but just by hearing him laugh and enjoying himself made me smile and giggle shaking my head.

_____________________________
"Do enlighten me on why I have to attend more time here?" I called looking up at Edward who shut the door for me, placing his arm around my back looking at me with amusement watching me grip onto my sketchbooks.

"Your aunt said that because of when you were hurt you were behind on credits and they want you to attend two more to get them." He joked pressing a soft kiss on my head making me smile.

"Also because you are the birthday girl you can have whatever you want today." He mumbled leaning his head all the way down, pressing a soft kiss on my lips making me giggle and show him the dream catcher.

"Look at what Bella and Jacob made me isn't it pretty?" I mumbled as Edward flicked his gaze to look at it smiling.

"It's beautiful, it will help catch all the bad dreams." He joked pressing another kiss on my lips making me smile leaning up more to kiss him deeper, wrapping my arms around his neck holding my sketchbook on his back.

He gripped my waist a little tight pulling me closer to him and I let a small giggle out pulling away.

"Come on let's go to class." I told him watching him smile nodding grabbing my free hand lacing it with his walking with me into the school.

The both us were chatting deeply as we walked in and I looked up with a smile when Alice came rushing down the stairs happily at me as she quickly in a hug.

"Elora happy birthday." She beamed and I laughed hugging her back.

"Thank you, Alice, I don't even feel like I am older." I joked watching her smile as I pulled away from Jasper calmly followed behind her keeping his distance.

"Alice really?" Edward called amused as she placed a heavy box in my hands.

"You've already seen the dress, Elora you've drawn it, and love it you're gonna wear it at the party tonight." She beamed at me.

I released a small laugh out peeking in the box at the beautiful white and black dress. "It's more beautiful than how I drew it." I giggled looking at her with a bright smile.

"Thank you so much, Alice I can't wait for the party." I beamed at her. Edward slipped his arm around my waist resting his head on mine.

"We need to get to class," Jasper called out with a small smile grabbing Alice. I felt a huge wave of calmness wrap around me seeing as my energy bubbled up quickly.

"Jasper no fair with the mood control." I called chuckling as he gave me a small smile nodding his head.

"Happy birthday Elora will see you later." He told me softly.  I smiled waving at the both of them still holding the box, my backpack, and sketchbook.

"Come on let's go to English," Edward whispered to me happiness laced in his voice as he kept kissing all over my head guiding me to class with him.

"Have I ever told you reading your mind is the best part of the day." He called out.

"You have said its peaceful,"  I answered humming as he chuckles a little more.

"It's also the best part of the day. Your thoughts are filled with random amazing things, and I love seeing them." He told me making me get extremely shy.

I puffed my cheeks out making him kiss them quick making me laugh a bit.