Chapter Twenty Five

Elora's Pov
Flicking both my eyes around the trees in my view. I pushed all the tree branches away from smacking me in the face. I hiked my way up through the tree a small little bag with me.

Austin was out hunting Victoria with Jacob and the rest of the pack. It just made my curious side come out Austin has not once shown me what his wolf looks like.

So it left imagining what it could be like. I grunted pushing the tress away stepping into my view looking around the meadow with a sad gaze as my feet crunched under the dead flowers and leaves.

This place use to be so beautiful and filled with color. But it was dark and dead and has been for a while.

I made my way sitting down in the middle setting my backpack down. I grabbed my sketchbook and a few pencils slowly drowning out everything around me the best I could.

The chirping of the birds, movements from animals it was peaceful, and I liked it that way.

'It's dangerous Elora. What about Victoria and Laurent.' I didn't even look up from sketching another dream.

"Does it matter?" I mumbled to the thin air. "your just an illusion for my brain you're not here Edward. Maybe I have gone crazy." I whispered looking down at the page I drew.

I traced my fingers tips across it looking to see I drew the meadow but standing in the middle was someone I didn't recognize till I saw the eyes.

I snapped my head up seeing Laurent "keep your cool Elora don't freak out and you'll be okay." I whispered keeping my gaze on him.

I kept my cool by controlling my breathing staying where I was. "Poor Elora, I never would expect to see you alone, where's that Edward of yours?" He questioned tilting his head.

'Lie' Edward whispered standing near me and watching me. I slowly flicked my eyes back over to Laurent who tilted his head looking at me like I was a lost puppy.

"He isn't here, but I'll tell him you'll stop by," I called out the breeze blowing my hair back.

'Lie more.'

"I'll make sure to tell them." I called out "its more of the fact you're more alone than ever were, aren't you? Your heart is so empty, you scream at night, I know the feeling." Laurent cooed out taking a few steps towards me.

"I could take that all away no one could come to save you from what I could do, or more of a fact Victoria, she won't be happy about me killing you, but I can't help myself." He cooed.

I wasn't gonna fight back because I didn't have the energy. He was right I was mentally exhausted which was slowly changing my physical exhaustion.

I slowly closed my eyes when I heard him getting closer to me.

"Edward I love you." I whispered quietly keeping my eye shut tightly but the faint loud growl coming from behind him made me snap my eyes open to watch.

My eyes going wide as I saw a huge midnight black wolf growling at him. Not too far belong was a few other wolves. My eyes went to watch the light reddish-brown ones looking into the eyes I knew it was Austin.

He was the first to launch forward snarling and growling running after Laurent once he took off the other wolves following close behind.

I let the breath I was holding in escape not realizing I was holding it in. I slowly fell back laying on my back shutting my sketchbook my heart pounding away as I shut my eyes the sun beating down over me.

You really have come a long way, Elora. You're not so quiet anymore I thought flattering my eyes back open. If only I could turn back time and not have been so stupid maybe you would still be here.

I blinked away the stupid tears that dare to leave me and sat up wiping at my cheeks roughly getting up. I shoved the sketchbook back in my bag swinging it over my back.

If Victoria wants me she can have me. I thought bitterly quickly rushing through the meadow. I was back rushing through the forest shoving tree branches away from me trying to remember the routine to the cliffs.

Jacob and Bella have been hanging out there a lot but Austin told me that was the last place they saw Victoria. Maybe this would finally put a stop to her trying to kill me for an eye.

The chill in the air quickly changed once I had made it all the way down to La Push beach nightfall coming down quickly the cloudy weather making its way in.

Using everything I had in me I climbed my way all the way up the cliff and inhaled the fear of heights slowly taking over me as I took small steps towards the cliff sitting on the edge looking down at the rushing icy water crashing against the sides of it.

My brain felt like it ticking away 'don't do it, you promised me nothing crazy.' I smacked my head letting a small cry out finally losing it.

"You're not real! Leave me alone." I screamed out to nothing proofing my point. I had done crazy. I held my face the sniffling leaving me as the pool of tears streamed out fast.

I quickly threw my bag off to cliff to land on the beach before scooting myself off the edge shutting my eyes I dove off the edge keeping my eyes closed.

The wind blowing past me quickly. It was just a few short minutes before my body landed in the freezing icy water traveling through my body and soaking my clothes.

It was relaxing at first and the coldness numbed in a good way. But as the good feeling faded I filled with panic once my eyes shut on their own.