Extracurricular

~Arena Room~

Sitting in the bleachers, high about the arena floor, teams RWBY and RAIN sat, watching as Pyrrha mopped the floor with the whole of team CRDL.

"Sucks to be them." Fawna said as she leaned on the railing.

"They deserve it. Besides, good entertainment." Peter said as he watched Pyrrha gracefully twirl Cardin in the air before slamming him into the ground with the rest of his team. She landed and took a stance as Cardin stood before falling as Professor Goodwitch stepped in.

"And that's the match." She spoke walking behind Cardin.

"Lucky...shot..." Cardin groaned before falling to the floor.

"Well done Miss Nikos, you should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." Glynda praised.

"Thank you Professor." Pyrrha said. Professor Goodwitch looked up from her scroll.

"We have time for one more match." She said as she scoured the stands before her eyes landed on Blake as she read her book intensely.

"Ms. Belladonna, you've been rather docile in classes, would you like to-" Glynda said before Mercury cut her off.

"I'll do it." He spoke raising his hand. "Mercury Black, of course, I'll just pair you up with someone." Professor Goodwitch said.

"Actually, I want to fight her." He said pointing at Pyrrha.

"I'm sorry but Miss. Nikos has already finished a bout." Glynda replied.

"I'll fight him." Peter announced before his spider sense went off.

"I got a bad feeling about that kid." Shine said cautiously.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Peter said walking over to him.

"May the best man win, yeah?" Peter said holding his hand up. He could've sworn Mercury glared at him.

"Sure, but I'll be the winner." Mercury said.

"Doubt that." Peter countered before both boys headed for their respective lockers, changing into their combat clothes.

"We should be careful of him, I don't think he'll be an easy opponent." Shine warned.

"I got it Shine, sheesh you worry like my Aunt May." Peter joked as Shine remained silent.

"I'm kidding Shine, I'll be careful." Peter said again.

"I just want to make things right for someone." Shine said before going quiet as Peter exited the room, meeting the grey haired boy in the arena. Peter flicked his arm as his shield appeared.

"Hope you don't mind me kicking your butt." Mercury smriked.

"Please, I've faced Grimm tougher than you." Peter retorted as he readied himself.

"Ready, fight!" Goodwitch said as Mercury dashed forward, jumping as he deliever a few kicks to Peter. Blocking with his shield, he was able to evade Mercury's kicks as he flicked his wrist two times, activating it's weapon variant. Vaulting backwards, Peter fired potshots at the grey adversary.

"I can tell you favor up close instead long range." Peter guess as Mercury smirked.

"Not bad, for a shield user." He replied as he dashed forward, kicking multiple times as Peter tried to defend before his spider sense went off as he glanced behind to see Mercury about to land a kick to his face.