Lighting The Candle

~Ballroom~

Peter sat next to a glum Ruby as Weiss, Yang, Terry, and Aaron went about setting up speakers for tonight's dance.

"I need you two to pick a tablecloth." Weiss said as she placed two identical looking pieces of white cloth on the table.

"Aren't they the same?" Ruby asked. "Yeah but Weiss is a perfectionist apparently." Peter nonchalantly said as the heiress glared at him.

"I don't even know why I asked you two. Specifically Parker." Weiss grumbled.

"Yeah yeah, love you too princess." Peter replied before sinking in his chair.

"I'm so bored, why did I come here?" Peter moaned as he leaned on Ruby.

"I wouldn't have anyone to talk to." Ruby countered, pushing him off.

"You have Weiss and Yang Red." Peter remarked.

"So? You're funnier and more awesome to hang out with!" Ruby retorted.

"I'm touched Ruby. You've warmed this shield user's heart." Peter said wiping a fake tear and hugging her. Ruby grinned before it went sour.

"I'm glad someone is having fun, I just wish Blake could be here." Ruby said.

"Oh don't feel so bad Ruby, I'm sure she'll come. Weiss, I thought we agreed, no dollies! Terry, it doesn't go there!" Yang shouted.

"If I don't get dollies, you don't get smoke machines!" Weiss threatened.

"Your dance is gonna have smoke machines? Nice." Neptune said as him and Sun walked over.

"We were thinking about it." Weiss said as she smiled at Neptune.

"So you ladies and gentlemen ready for dress up?" Sun asked.

"Yang, if you don't get your lion mane butt over here and help me position these right, so help me I'm trimming your hair!" Terry shouted to the blond brawler.

"Touch my hair and you're dead catboy!" Yang retorted as she walked over to him.

"Pfft, yeah right." Ruby asked. "Laugh all you want, I'm turning heads tomorrow tonight." Yang said walking back over with bruised Terry.

"Didja have to punch so hard?" He asked rubbing his sore cheek.

"What are you four going to wear?" Weiss asked.

"Uh, this." Sun said pointing to his attire.

"Ignore him, for he knows not what to say." Neptune chimed in.

"Eh, I guess I could wear a tux, been long since I did though." Terry said as he looked himself over.

"I'll take you to a tuxedo shop after this Kent, wouldn't want you to wear garbage bags." Yang smirked.

"What about you Pete?" Ruby asked. "I don't know, I've worn my fair share of tuxs, but all for different reasons." Peter replied.

"Please, pretty please?" Ruby said, showing off puppy eyes.

"Oh no, Ruby's using her ultimate move, 'Puppy Eyes'." Yang warned. Peter tried to avoid Ruby before sighing in defeat.

"Alright, I'll go." He caved. Ruby cheered as Yang patted his head.

"You aren't the first one on the end of that shtick." Yang said, comforting him.

"Now all we need to do is get Blake to change her mind." Ruby said.

"Trust me, she'll be there." Yang said before a snip could be heard. Everyone turned to see Terry holding a single strand of dandelion yellow hair and a pair of silver scissors.