Vol 4 End: No Safe Haven

~Team RNJR~

The five members continue to battle the Nuckelavee. Twitching, the monster sends a shockwave roar, causing them to flinch.

Penny raised her hand, prepared to send a repulsor blast before Ruby grabbed her metal hand.

"No, we'll deal with the Grimm, you get Uncle Qrow to safety." Ruby ordered.

"Right." Penny nods before blasting away.

"Noo...Ruby..." Qrow groaned before falling unconscious again.

Ruby turns to the Nuckelavee as the four continue to fire upon the monster. Jaune, Ren, and Nora charge forward, trying to injure the monster, only to be swatted away individually.

Jaune dodges another swat before backing off, a plan formulating in his head.

"Guys! Go in a circle!" Jaune orders, the other three complying.

"What are you doing?" Ruby called out as Jaune sheathes his sword before pulling it entirely off as his small sword changed into a sword-battleaxe hybrid.

Charging forward, Jaune slashes the horse's thigh, earning a screech from the monster. Ren charges forward before the Nuckelavee pins him to a wall, unconscious.

"Ruby!" Nora shouts as Ruby nods, holding her scythe as the ginger Huntress hops onto the blade before being shot forward, deflecting a fatal blow.

Ren wakes up to see the monster's two arms extended, on holding him the other holding Nora's hammer. His gaze glances up to see her struggle to remove the monster's grip before glancing down at Ren.

"Stop looking!" She blushes as Ren turns away, a small blush on his face as well.

The Nuckelavee throws Nora, depleting her aura as an enraged Ren stabs StormFlower in the Grimm's hand before jabbing them in and firing away, allowing him an easy escape. His eyes wild, he continues his assault recklessly.

"Ren, knock it off!!" Jaune shouts to him.

Penny peaks her head from the corner, watching the battle continue.

"G-go kid." Qrow speaks up.

"No, I need to protect you." Penny retorts, backing up as a stray plank flies by.

"They need you, please, for me." Qrow pleads.

Penny ponders his words for a minute before opening up, allowing the man to lower himself to the ground. Penny turns to Qrow as he smirks and nods.

"Heh, it's like he's still here." Qrow says.

Penny blasts off, hovering above the Nuckelavee and blasting the Grimm with a repulsor blast as Nora tackles Ren away from the fight.

"Penny! Where's Uncle Qrow?" Ruby shouted.

"Safe I assure you Ruby." Penny replied, burning another hole into the horse's ribcage.

Ruby continued taking potshots as Penny kept the top half distracted, flying close then away. Ruby turned to see Jaune run over as Ren and Nora crawl out from under the house.

"Ren, Jaune and I will take care of the arms." Ruby says.

"And I got the horse." Nora smiles as Ren nods.

"If you've got a plan, please HURRY UP!" Penny shouted, dodging another strike.

"I've got the rest." Ren nods as everyone splits up.