The Snow Spider

~Beacon Courtyard~

Standing by the bullhead docks, Weiss, Ruby, Aaron, and Terry stood as a taller, more mature woman that looked similar to Weiss strutted out, surrounded by various Atlesian Knights.

"Who's the chick?" Terry asked, receiving an elbow from Weiss.

"That 'chick' is my sister Winter." Weiss snapped.

"Sheesh, sorry." Terry replied with a roll of his eyes as Weiss and Ruby ran up to her.

"Winter." Weiss says, a smile on her face. Aaron rolled her eyes as the four walked over to the elder Schnee.

"Wait... Your sister?" Ruby asked.

"Winter! Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh...Your presence honors us." Weiss says, curtsing.

"Are they all like this?" Terry asks Aaron.

"Just her." Aaron replies.

"Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different." Winter says overlooking the school.

"I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder." Ruby says before the younger Schnee punches her shoulder.

"So, what are you doing here?" Weiss questions.

"Classified." Winter says.

"Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?" The younger sibling asked.

"Classified." Winter replies before glancing at the two boys.

"Of course."

"Well... this is nice... I think." Ruby said.

"You're not alone here Ruby." Terry replied.

"You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-" Weiss started before being cut off by her sister.

"I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came." She interjected.

"Right! I'm sorry!" Weiss apologized.

"Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter." Winter continued.

"But, we won!" Weiss retorted.

"Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed. Leave us. How have you been?" Winter says, now more warmly.

"Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-" Weiss recounted before receiving a smack on the head from Winter, a large, visible, blob could be seen.

"Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?" Winter retorts.

"Well, there's Ruby, Terry, and-" Weiss said as Ruby pushed the bump back into Weiss's head.

"Boob." She snickered.

"Aaron Richards, the Sword of Atlas, it has been a long time since I've seen you." Winter cut off.

"You know him? Oh right, of course you know him." Weiss said before becoming quiet.

"Sheesh, is she like this all the time?" Terry asked.

"Unfortunately, yes Winter is a thorn in a lot of people's side. She was my former Commanding Officer, second to Barnes." Aaron explained as Winter narrowed her eyes.