PvP

~Coliseum~

Over the headmaster's office, with Professor Ozpin himself walking back to his desk and pouring himself a drink from his teapot as he watches the Vytal Festival Tournament's roulette system deciding the next match.

"Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!" Oobleck announced.

"It looks like our first contender is...Penny Polendina, from Atlas! And her opponent will be...Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!" Port finished.

Ozpin seats himself behind his desk and takes a sip from his cup as he stares at the "randomized" fight to be.

Down in the arena of Amity Colosseum, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

"Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!" Penny said  as she placed her hands on hips.

The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination.

"I wonder why Pyrrha looks unenthusiastic?" Fawna asked turning to Aaron.

"I wonder why you're not down there Aaron, what happened?" Nora asked as Aaron held an angry scowl.

"Not my fault Terry couldn't tell the difference between me and a clone." Aaron snapped as Jaune laughed lightly.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Penny said with a grin.

In the same structure behind closed doors, Ruby and Peter are still facing down an up-and-standing Mercury Black, who's smugly smiling at the younger girl's confusion.

"Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why...What's going on? Fine. If you're not going to tell me..." Ruby ranted before moving as the grey haired boy mocked her movements, blocking the two in.

"Ruby get back." Peter warned as he stepped in front of the assassin.

"Fighters, are you ready?" Oobleck's announcement draws the younger sisters attention as Mercury smirks.

Penny beams widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages a small scowl at her opponent, her weapons Miló and Akoúo̱ already in hand.

"3, 2, 1...BEGIN!" Oobleck shouted as Ironwood watches in anticipation, next to Barnes as Nora and Ren cheer for Pyrrha along with Fawna and Aaron.

Suddenly, Penny is surrounded by her floating swords, gesturing them around to her command before launching a volley of them at Pyrrha, who runs towards them and leaps though or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight.

"Showtime." Mercury speaks

He goes forward, blocking Ruby's path with his arms outstretched, restraining her movements no matter where she moves. Panicked, she grimaces and spins forward, becoming a blur of red and petals rocketing toward Mercury, only for the villain to kick her mid-dash with his boots and knock her to the ground. He advances on her just as she gets our her Scroll, about to push the button to call for help when a bullet shatters the device into several shards.

"Let's just keep this between us friends." Mercury mocks before Peter appeared behind him in a flurry of petals.

"Yeah, let's." Peter replied as he cocked his fist and launched as he punches Mercury back, surprising the assassin.

"Damn, forgot how fast you were." Mercury growls as Peter stood next to Ruby.

"You need to go and stop the fight Ruby." Peter ordered as Ruby stares at him.