Alone Together

~Mistral~

In the early morning hours, Ruby lays on the ground of the patio, enjoying the blue sky and good memories she held back from her time in Beacon.

Staring at a white cloud, her vision was obscured by the mane of Yang.

"You're up early." Yang smiled.

"Hey sis." Ruby grinned before Yang started to poke her hair into Ruby's face, earning laughter from the small girl.

"Boop!"

The two share their laugh as Yang sits next to Ruby who sits back up.

"What are you doing up?" Ruby asked.

"Can't fall back to sleep, that and Terry's snores carry from room to room." Yang replied.

"Ah, me neither." Ruby nods as feet could be heard.

"Well, fortunately, coffee exists" Weiss notes as she lowers a tray as Yang grabs one and hands one over to Ruby, noticing the tattered mask laying on her thigh.

"Aw yeah, nice Weiss strikes again." Ruby cheers before Weiss pulls back, her familiar, playful, icy tone showing.

"This is still hot and I will dump it on you." Weiss replies playfully, but flatly.

"No please!" She yelped as Weiss hands the cup to the red Huntress.

"So, may I ask why we're out here, besides enjoying the nice view?" Weiss asked.

"Well, I found coming out to see the sun rise was relaxing after Peter used to take me to where Pyrrha and Jaune used to train. After a while, I was bored seeing the same rising sun, but Peter made it better." Ruby admitted as Yang smiled.

"Yeah, he certainly was a character I'll say." Yang replied, taking a sip.

"Can't believe we're actually in Mistral." Yang marvelled.

"That's what you can't believe?" Ruby asked.

"Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you know what I mean!" Yang retorted playfully.

"I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you two again. Much less Pyrrha, the others and Terry if we're being honest." Weiss chimed in.

"Well, here's to defying expectations." Yang and Weiss clink cups together, while Ruby gulps her cup down in one go, opening one eye to glance at the others' cups.

"I just wish Blake could be here with us." Ruby frowned.

"Yeah, well, she made her choice." Yang replied, a cold tone in her voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Weiss questioned.

"I mean she could've been here if she just stuck around. It's no big deal though. We'll be fine." Yang replied bitterly as Ruby and Weiss have concerned expressions on their faces.

"Don't you want her here?" Ruby asked.

"Why would I want her here?" Yang snapped.

"Are you still mad at her for leaving?"

"Oh, whatever gave you that idea, Ruby? No, I'm totally fine. I'm great." Yang replied dryly.

"Okay, calm down." Weiss interjected.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Yang growled, her eyes shining red as Ruby and Weiss gain startled expressions.

"Whoa, Yang." Ruby backed away a bit.

Yang realizes what she did, and her eyes turn back to normal. Her hand shakes while holding her cup.

"Whatever." Yang stands and leaves, walking past Aaron who watched the event unfold.