Remembrance

~Schnee Household~

The platinum haired heiress walks down the corridors of her large home, passing by statues, a grand piano, and a family portrait as she approached her father's study only to find her brother, Whitley, waiting for her.

"Good afternoon sister." Whitley greeted with unusual enthusiasm.

"A pleasure to see you out of your room for once." He continued as the older sister sighed and turned to him.

"Hello Whitley, you're in a cheery mood today." Weiss replied.

"Klein made crepes for breakfast." Whitley replied.

"What do you want?" Weiss asked.

"I heard Father shouting with someone in his study earlier." Whitley said.

"Mother?"

"No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man." Whitley explained as Weiss looks up at him on this.

"I just wanted to warn you. I heard he had asked to speak with you." Whitley said, feigning concern.

"I'll be fine." Weiss retorted.

"I know you will. You are strong, like Winter."

"You never liked Winter." Weiss pointed out.

"True, but you can't deny her resolve." The young boy pointed out.

"You... seem different." Weiss said cautiously.

"And you've been gone. I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon." Whitley snaps before regaining his calm composure.

Whitley turns and walks away. As he does so, the lower half of a family portrait can just be seen on the wall between where the two were standing.

"Anyway, good luck with Father!" Whitley called out.

"Thank you." Weiss responds before continuing to her father's study.

As she approached, shouting could be heard between two men, the unmistakable voices of General Ironwood and her father.

~Team RNJR~

As the leader slumbers, nightmares invade her dreams as the voices of Pyrrha, Cinder, and Peter echo intensely.

"Do you believe in destiny?" Pyrrha's question echoed.

"I do." Cinder snapped.

"Trust me Petal."

"Jaune? JAUNE!" Pyrrha's shouts along with the buzzing of latent power in her eyes forced the young girl awake in cold sweat. Breathing heavily, she turned to see everyone still asleep.

She glanced down to see her hand clutching tightly on Peter's mask, the fabric roughly entangled in her hand.

Loosening, she turned to see others still asleep, Magnhild next to Nora as the buzzing calmed down.

Sighing, she laid back down and pulled the mask close as sleep took her once more as morning quickly approached.

Back on the trail, team RNJR walked down the sunny road as Ruby held a map.

"So the next town is... uh-huh... uh-huh... We're lost." Ruby said softly before Jaune interjected.

"We're not lost. The next town is Shion. My family used to visit it all the time." Jaune said pointing on the map.

"Oh yeah. Don't you have, like, four sisters?" Ruby asked hesitantly.

"Uh, seven." Jaune admitted, chuckling hesitantly as Ruby giggled lightly.