Chapter 8: Severe Pain

Lisa's POV

Jennie and I become closer and closer day by day. We're always texting each other all day long. From early in the morning, I will greet her then tell her to eat her breakfast. She will reply instantly, telling me the same then when midnight came we are still having a conversation to each other non stop though, sometimes we didn't know what will be our topic. I know it's just repeating but I never get tired of doing this to her.

All in all, I was so happy from what happening to us but there is one exception.
.
.
.
.
.

She didn't know me...

She didn't know that I'm the one she's talking with. All she know is I'm Pranpri. Just like that...

She didn't know I'm Lisa Manoban...

I know, I should be contented from what we are right now but there is still missing. It feels like incomplete.

As I continue thinking about this, my mind feels like it was stabbed by a thousand of knifes. I was holding my temples while wincing in pain right now. I can't do anything but to endure the pain.

A continuous dull pain gets worsened and my head was hurting so bad. I tried to relax myself and massage it but it's not working so I didn't have a choice but to look for my painkillers.

It was said in the medicine that in just one minute you will already feel at ease when you take this so without any hesitations, I immediately drank the painkillers and have one glass of water after that.

But ten minutes have already passed and the pain was still aching so bad.

"It's getting worse and worse..." I complain while holding my temples.

It's not new with me anymore to feel this kind of pain. Because it's simply natural to me. Having a brain tumor is like having an everyday migraine. Don't make me wrong huh? It's just a simile to represent my disease. Well, I didn't say that I always encounter migraine but all I have to say is, it so closed to almost. Meaning, I always deal with head aches frequently.

Is it me or really just me? But these fast few days I noticed that my headaches are always hitting me and this time they can't be called not just a simple one because it's getting terrible.

"Lis, I already prepare for our breakfast. Come here in the kitchen" mom called for me.

"Wait... Mom" I replied still wincing in pain.

"Do you feel anything bad? Does your head is aching? You look so pale. Please tell me so we can bring you in the hospital" mom asked me in concern.

It's really proven that mother knows everything. You can't hide anything from her.

When I hear the word "Hospital" my mouth was interrupted in voicing out what I'm feeling right now.

I don't want to go back again in that place. I'm scared... really scared.

I don't want to hear anymore what they are going to say in my condition.

I don't want to take my chemotherapy. It only makes me suffer. It only hurts me. It only makes me feel that I'm already dying when in fact, I'm still alive.

I'm already tired... really tired.

I want to rest...

"No, we're not going in hospital. I'm fine" I said.

"Lisa plsss it's just an hospital. You're almost doing that for almost one year. You should be used to that" Mom paused for a bit.

"So tell me the truth, you're head is aching so bad right? Plss Lisa tell us" Mom started to cry.