Chapter 11: Present Time

1 year later

Jennie's POV

Kringggg! Kringggg! Kringggg!

"Unnie wake up! Your alarm is already ringing!" Ella, my younger sister yell at me while giving me a nudge.

"Hmmmm, 5 minutes more plss" I mumble.

"5 minutes? It's already 7:30 am, if you want to get late in your first day well, don't include me. Get up from your bed and cook for us!!" She shouted at me.

7:30— Oh my God!!! My first subject will be on 8:10 am. I'll be late!!!

"Why you didn't wake me that early?" I complain in annoyance and the bitch simply rolled her eyes to me after hearing that.

"Are you serious?" She give me a fake laugh before continuing her words. "Believe me, you're so hard to wake up so I ended up wasting my time in waking you for almost 30 minutes. So how dare you to complain with me?" She said it with full of bitchy attitude.

Haysst, she's really my sister. She is like my version 2.0. We are both bitch with a heart.

"Arrgh! I don't know why do I need to took care of you! You're so bitch, I'm your sister but you're not giving me any respect!" I rebuke to my younger sister while fixing my bed.

"You need to" her tone become serious of all a sudden.

"And why would I? Give me one good reason to continue taking care of you despite of your attitude towards me" I said sarcastically while frowning. The bitch remain silent. I'm waiting for her answer but it seems like her tongue gets paralyzed because of my question. Haha! I think these words hits her so hard. Serves her right!

"Hey why can't you answer my question? Is it because you can't find any good reason to tell me? I continue mocking her but Ella remains silent.

I was about to say something again but I was interrupted when Ella already speak.

"You're the only one I have right now. Dad already left us. And mom? I don't know if we still have a mom that's why you need to take care of me" she said bitterly.

My laugh gets faded and I suddenly stop fixing my bed after hearing her answer. It seems like I'm the one who gets hit so hard from her words.

It's hard to admit but what she have said is true.

When our company gets bankrupt, my Dad started to act like a different person. I don't know why but he changed a lot. It seems like I don't know who he is anymore.

One day there's a time he didn't come in our home. We thought, he was just busy that time or he has something important to do that's why he didn't come. But days, weeks and months have passed but he didn't come back anymore.

Because of that, mom always get stressed, she was always waiting for our dad to come back but she always get nothing.

She continue that habit for so long until her stress worsened. Stress that leads her to depression and the most painful part is, that depression made her to become a mentally ill person.

I know it sucks. My life really sucks.

Since we didn't have any source of income right now, I decided to look for a work in order for us to survive in this shit world. I know I didn't know anything about working but I don't have any choice.

To make the long story short, I got my job in a small library near our school. All I have to do is to look for the library, fixed the books in the shelves and clean the whole space before it closed. I'm working here after my class but I decided to find for another extra job since my salary here is just enough for our food and to the various bills we need to pay. Ella needed to attend her school and so am I. We need to finish our study but I can't afford it anymore so I need another job to support myself and Ella.