Hamburr angst (because I didn't write angst yet)

Burr's POV

July 11, 1807

It's raining again just like it was 3 years ago.

Flashback (or rewind)

I stood next to a tree waiting for him, with my gun in hand. He ruined my chances of becoming Washington's right hand man and being the President.  I was so close this time, close enough to finally achieve my goals, but Hamilton of course always does what he wants to be ahead.

I see Hamilton walking up with his crew, he is told that he can pick his place first. He shows no emotion until he looks around studying the area. I remember this is where his son died a few years before. I also remember that I comforted him through that, a few days after that we admitted our love for each other. The kiss we shared that day was really special to me.

But those days are over. What really matters is that my dear Theodosia doesn't end up without a parent figure in her life. "I'm assuming you both know the rules? The duel will commence after we count to 10. Are there any confessions that both of you are willing to say?" "All I have to say is, is that my fellow soldiers will tell you I'm a terrible shot." I hear someone say, "True that." on the sidelines. Even during duels, people still have a sense of humour.

"Alright, Hamilton? Do you have anything to add?" He looks up, then at me, then back down. "No." He grabs his glasses and puts them on. Why?! If not to take deadly aim? It's him or me, the world will never be the same! I had only one thought before this slaughter, this man will not make an orphan of my daughter! "We'll count you off, ready?" They begin the countdown.

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

"5"

"6"

"7"

"8"

"9"

"Number 10 paces fire!"

I turn quickly and fire my gun, praying to God that I don't miss. But I don't hear a second gun. "He's aiming for the sky!" I look up to see Hamilton in tears but smiling. What have I done? "Wait!" The bullet enters right between his ribs and he falls to his knees from the impact. They try to hold me back but I push them all away running towards him on the ground. Holding him in my arms.

"Hamilton! Hamilton! Goddamnit Alexander, say something!" "B-Burr?" "Alex I'm so sorry! What have I done!" "Burr l-listen." I look at him and see there's a bit of blood running from his mouth. "I fo-forgive you o-ok." Why would he forgive me! I just shot him! "But why? Ale-" I'm interrupted as I'm pulled down into a kiss, I can taste the blood in his mouth But this is the last kiss I'll ever get so why the fuck not. I kiss back letting the tears flow down my face freely. "O-one more th-thing Aaron." He breathes in sharply knowing that his time is up. "I love you." His eyes begin to flutter close but just before they close I tell him, "I love you too." He smiles one last time, then his body goes limp in my arms.

They take him away and tell me I can leave. I got to the bar and get a drink. How could I do this? I killed the only person who I thought of as a friend mostly a lover. Now he's gone, just like everyone else. My mother, my father, my grandfather, Theodosia, and now Alex. I loved them all and they're all gone!

I get up to walk home and hear wailing in the streets. Now doesn't seem like the time to think of all mistakes.

5 minutes later

I open the door and slam it shut, sliding down the back of it. I loved him and I killed him what kind of sick person does that! I walk over to my desk and sit down, I already miss him.

There's a letter on my desk sealed in wax the signature reads A. Ham. I can't read it at least not now. I miss him too much to read it.

Flashback over

I notice that I'm crying and that it's stopped raining outside. It's been over 3 years yet I'm still not over him, I still love him. I remember that I placed the letter in my bottom drawer and that I still haven't read it. The last words of Alexander went to his wife Eliza and I. She's done so much after Alexander died, keeping his legacy alive and all. While I've done absolutely nothing.

Today I'm going to read that letter.

I walk over to my desk and open the bottom drawer and there lies the letter. I'll admit I am a little scared. I grab the letter and and sit down at my desk. Well here goes nothing.

Dear Aaron Burr,

I wanted this letter sent to you in case I did lose to the duel. I wanted to tell you all of what I didn't tell you. I want to tell you that I love you with all my heart, and I wish that our lives never took the turn that it did. But in all honesty I do apologize for all of the trouble I caused you. If I had never walked up to you that day oh so many years ago none of this would have happened. Of course I will miss you dearly most of all, you were the first person that showed me that I actually mattered in life. I love you Aaron Burr sir and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Eternally yours,
                               A. Ham

PS. Take care of America for me.

I smile at the letter, he's always had a way with words. And wherever he may be I hope he's constantly being non-stop in his writing.

What's up guys ya gorl is back from the dead and decided to write angst (would this be called angst?)
Uh yeah anyway if you have requests feel free to comment them😎

Trashcan out