Lams angst but slight fluff

Alex's POV

August 27, 2019

Today is that day. The one day I hate the most.

John died two years ago. The police say it was a hit and run and there was nothing they could do. The police never do their job right.

I met this guy named Thomas Jefferson a few months ago. He's really nice and said he would give me as much time as I needed to get over John. I wish I could get over him faster, I love Thomas a lot but I'm scared that the next person I love is going to be taken away from me. Like my mom, my brother, and my cousin.

"You should really answer your phone."

It was John. I never questioned it I just assumed I was going insane from being alone for so long.

"I know, but it's probably one of our friends calling out of pity again." Ever since John died our friends have been trying to reach out for me but I kind of just closed myself off from the world. "You can't just grieve over me for the rest of your life Alex." "Sure I can just use some belief and imagination and you can do anything."

John looks at me straight in the eyes. "Alex listen to me and listen to me good. Tell Thomas that you'll go out with him, he sounds like a good guy and that's coming from me. I love you more than anything in this world, nothing could ever change that." He starts to fade away, "Wait! John!" "Just do it Alexander. For me." And with that he's gone.

I drop to my knees and cry. I wish John was here, I miss him so much.

Thomas's POV

I'm practically running down the street to Alex's place. He usually answers after two or three rings. But I called him four times! He never even answered once! Good thing his place is close...

I run up to his doorstep and knock on the door. No answer. I begin to bang on the door. Nothing. Shit what do I do! Wait, Alex has an extra key under the mat! I look under the mat and bingo I find the key. "Alex!" I say as I walk in, "Alex! Are you here!" I heard sniffles coming from the bedroom, "T-Thomas?" Thank God.

"Alexander are you alright?" He gets up and hugs me holding onto me tightly as if I would let go. "I wanted t-to tell you something. His stutters are adora- not the time! "Anything. I'm here for you Alex." I rub his back soothingly as he sits up and looks at me. "I wanted to try and make this relationship work, but I still want to go slow with it..." He trails off as if lost for words. "Wait really!" He gives a small smile, "Yes really." I pull him into an even tighter hug.

I've been waiting so long for this moment and it's finally here! "Thomas I can't breathe." I let go of him, "Right sorry." I lay his head on my chest and rock back and forth with him in my arms.

"I love you Thomas."

I smile.

"I love you too Alex."