Whamilton (angst)

Alex's POV

My affair with Maria Reynolds is getting out of hand.

My wife won't talk to me, my son ignores me, everyone in congress thinks I'm a joke, and I'm too scared to even imagine what Washington thinks of me. God what would he do if he were me?

Oh I don't know Alexander maybe not write a fucking pamphlet for every buddy to fucking see?! Here's another great idea! Maybe not cheat on your wife then pay your mistresses husband on the side?!

What would my mother think of me? Would she disappointed in me? Would she understand? What would she say?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Who could that even be? Probably Thomas and his goons to ridicule me again.

"Who is it?" "Son open the door." No it couldn't be. I open the door to see Washington on the other side of it looking tired and disappointed.

"Washington? Please come in..." He comes into my home looking around as if judging the place. "You've always been one to keep your place tidy even when buried under so much work." "It's always been a habit sir." He turns to me and smiles. "Well sir make yourself comfortable I'll go and make us some tea." I say as I head to my kitchen to prepare the tea. I head back to the living room and sit in the chair across from Washington.

"I'm sure you can understand why I'm here." "I really don't wish to talk about it sir." "I think we should Alexander." I shake my head and try to think of something to say, "I don't know what happened it- it just got out of hand and turned into something that I couldn't control." "I understand Alexander but what you did to Elizabeth and your family may be unforgivable to them." He's right Eliza has the right to never forgive me or give me another chance ever again.

"I know. I know it's just if I could just talk to her then maybe I could explain what happened. How I had to protect my legacy." "But what is more important Alexander? Your own family or your legacy?" How could I forget something so vital? I chose my own family over my own legacy? "Well what do you suggest I do sir? What do I tell them?"

He shakes his head with disappointment, "There's nothing I can do for you Alexander. For once you'll have to figure this out in your own." He gets up and heads to the door and begins to leave, "B-But sir I don't know what to do!" He opens the door and leaves but turns around to give me a sad smile, "You'll figure it out Alexander. I know you will."

He leaves and I'm left alone with the tea kettle going off on the stove.