Chapter 14.

So we were all here at Stan's dinner table with his parents about to eat. I could tell Stan was a bit nervous about me being around his parents, especially his dad. Also, Kyle wouldn't make eye contact with me at all after what happened. Honestly, I don't know why I did that. It was a weird feeling. I'm still kinda spooked over it.
"So Son who's your friend here?" He crosses his arms and gave a lip pout almost. 'Omg, it's RAndy'. Honestly, he was always my favorite parent character'. Stan cleared his throat awkwardly and met my eyes nervously. 'Aww '
My heart fluttered when he met eye contact with me '. Bruh my heart can't take this;-;.
"She's my friend from school". "Hmmm alright, then Son" Randy for some reason looked skeptical about it and then started chatting with his wife about errands later. I looked at my plate and it looked really good. Tacos with rice huh? I heard Stan talking with Kyle and decided to snoop in. 'Snoop dawg 🤟🏻🤟🏻'z
"So Kyle are you feeling a bit better? Your face was really red.. are you sure you're feeling well?" Stan was giving Kyle a worried look.
Kyle gave me a quick glance and back at Stan. "Y-yeah I-I'm fine Stan thank you it's just I think I'm coming up with a cold but it's probably nothing to w-worry about". Stan looked like he didn't buy it all but didn't pester about it. "Okay, bud " 'damn what a pickle ' ;)
I looked at my phone and saw the time. It was about to be 7:00 pm and I didn't want to worry my grandparents. I finished chatting and eating with The Marshes and decided to go home. "Hey, Stan ?"
"Yeah, Eli what's up?" He looked at me and smiles. 'Cuteee'
" I'm probably gonna head back to my casa because it's a bit late ".
Kyles hears and agrees too, saying his momma wanted him home as well.
It was probably gonna be awkward walking home together kind of in the same neighborhood block.
" Alright See ya pal text me about tomorrow " He bro hugs Kyle and they both bro fist after. "Yeah, man of course " Kyle then heads for the door. "Hey, Eli I'll text you later ". "Sounds good " I smile at Stan and we both stay there awkwardly not knowing whether to hug or handshake bye. 'Bruh my loner days and anti-social skills hitting hard '. Bruh duck it .
I hug Stan and was able to smell him.
'Woah he smells really good '. I pull back and see Stan slightly blushing with his eyes a bit wide. 'Why is he having that reaction? Woah too adorable it's not a bad thing but... nah Stan couldn't like me or... Eli right? Nah '. "Bye Stan ". I smile and wave as I head toward the door. "B-bye ".

So now I'm walking along Kyle toward our block which is not that far from Stans's's house.
It was painfully silent and you could feel Kyles's uncomfortableness with me. I decided to apologize because I basically raped him a bit. Hehe >:) I don't regret it.
"Hey, Kyle I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable it was totally out of the line of me ". I looked at Kyle and he seemed shocked I even said that. Huh. He looks like he's trying to find the right words for what I said.
"U-um it's not a big deal Eli but uh just let's not mention this to Stan... it was not uncomfortable.. just new". Kyle was blushing while he said that. He looked really embarrassed. He looked to the side avoiding my eye. "Oh". 'Bruh really oh? Why did I say that say something else '. " I'm glad ? In a way you don't hate me haha, I don't know what came over me I just saw you're eyes and... I wonder..." I trailed off and Kyle is staring at me confused and curious . ' oh fuck he's looking at me weird QUICK THINK OF SOMETHING'. "It's nothing it's because you're really attractive". ,hshdjddj why the duck did I say that!??' Hey, man hormones and anxiety 🤡 '.
Kyles stares at me in a trance trying to process what I said and it takes him a while. Cuz he started blushing and he covered his face with his hands. All cute.
Damit I feel my face burning up. Ugh feelings
We keep walking down the path in silence.
We're a few feet away from Kyles's house and mine is just a few houses away from his.
Kyle grabs my hand and we stop walking. What?
"Eli" I look toward Kyle and I see something that makes my heart flutter. His eyes are serious and his face is blushing lightly.
My eyes widen a bit and I feel my face lightly burn.
"I-I"... he looks like he is struggling to find the words I think ?.
"Eli I'm really flattered you feel that way about me but I think I should let you know that I'm not looking for anything right now .". My heart stops at that. What?
"I just want to focus on school and well yeah I'm sorry ". 'Whale that's awkward. I'm not looking for anything either... but why do I feel so bummed out ?'. " I'm not looking for anything either in a way?" I glance at our hands together and he sees and quickly removed them. "Oh.. well we're still friends right? I hope this doesn't change our friendship because I had fun with you and Stan . And I haven't seen Stan smile like that in a long time so thank you ". He gives me a smile so precious. 'Fuckkk why do I feel like crying all of a sudden'. " Yesh we're still friends of course dude and it's really no probs". I gave Kyle a hug and I pulled away slowly but I still have my hands on his shoulders.
"Eli??" He looks confused about why I haven't moved away yet. What's this feeling? It's weighing my aching chest.
"Kyle...it's nothing ". I pull away and I smile at Kyle. Well, try to. I shake off the feeling and try to act normal again. " I'll see you tomorrow at the boy's hangout right ?" Kyle gives me a look I can't recognize. "Yeah of course dude " "cool cool sounds like a plan then see ya ".
I walk past him and wave goodbye. He waves back hesitantly and smiles. I smile back and head home.

I walk into my house and see my grandparents who are chatting with one another about stuff.
They welcome me and I told them how I already ate and head to my room. I was just feeling sad I basically got rejected by Kyle. Like I know it wasn't gonna go anywhere but it still stings to know he doesn't like you that way At all. I don't know maybe I'm just sensitive who knows? Oh well, I try not to dwell on it and focus on tomorrow's hang out. 'Huh, I wonder how's it gonna be '.

I get a text later on from Stan saying if I'm still down for the hangout tomorrow and I say yes. And that he will give me more info tomorrow when the bois get more info on it. Whatever that means. And that he is excited to hang with me and wants to introduce you to the others. But I think I kinda met everyone already.

I also got a text from Kyle saying if I got home safe and that he's not too joyful for tomorrow because they always get in some dilemma or trouble like the other boi hangouts. I send a laughing emoji and he sends the dying one back.

I laugh at the texts and plug in my phone to charge and I head to bed. I lay down into a deep sleep.

Pitch black.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 1351 words