Chapter 21.

Kyle and I walk outside the cafeteria doors to some hallway and lean on the lockers and face each other. Kyle looks like he is distracted the whole way and I tap Kyles's shoulder.
Kyle snaps out of it and shifts his attention to me.
"Hey, Are you okay Kyle? You look kind of on edge?" 'Okay, now I'm worried. Kyle is usually not like this.'
Kyle looks at me and starts talking.
"Sorry, Eli I'm just worried". Kyle then sighs and continues. " Stan didn't come to school today and I'm thinking that the thing with Wendy really fucked him up". I bite the inside of my cheek. 'Poor Stan, it's really not fucking fair'.
" Damn...that's probably what it is." I ruffle my hair in frustration and sigh.
Kyle looks at me feeling the same thing as I am now. ' Kyle is closer so I can't even imagine how he feels'.
" I was thinking after school you and I can go visit Stan and try to cheer him up".
I look at Kyle and smile at him in an attempt to clear his worries. "Dude of fucking course I will." Kyle attempts to smile back but not fully.
I grab Kyles's hand and squeeze it in reassurance. His eyes shift to our hands and then to my eyes. " Hey... it's no use worrying about yourself and stressing out. We're gonna go to Stans's house today and fucking cheer him the fuck up no matter what it takes alright??" I smile at Kyle and he chuckles a bittersweet chuckle. And smiles at me.

'Bittersweet?'

"You're right Eli.. thank you". I squeeze his hand again and I suddenly feel an intense butterfly feeling flutter through my chest.
My heart starts thumping.
I let go of Kyles's hand and clench my shirt over my heart.
My mind goes blank.... again.

Thump

Thump

Thump

The stars are so......beautiful. I'm sitting on the grass & gazing at the night sky and then turning my head. I observe the emerald eyes gazing at the night stars in fascination.
" The view's amazing isn't it?" I'm brought out of my thoughts by Kyles's eyes shifting to mine.
'He's so beautiful'.
" Yeah, it's breathtaking." I turn my eyes to Kyles and notice he is staring at mine. He grabs my hand and intertwines them.
'It's warm and sends tingles all over'.

"I hate that this moment can't last forever". Kyle says.
I chuckle and move closer to Kyle. I then hug him and put our foreheads together. I gaze into Kyles's eyes. And I smile gratefully at him.

"It's a bittersweet moment huh?" I then intertwine both our hands together and smile at Kyle and continue.
" But..... let's just enjoy this moment right now......just You and I together. Let me cherish this moment with you because you're the sweet in my bitter life."

Kyle smiles at me and moves one of his interlocked hands to my cheek and moves in closer and closer...

" Then be my sweet forever.....with you here right now with me,I don't ever have to feel that bitter if you're no else's but mine".

Thump

Thump

Thump.

"Eli?"

I open my eyes and adjust to the bright light in front of me. I was gonna bring my hand to block out the light but feel that something is holding it. Slowly the light gets brighter and I adjust my eyes and see that I'm in a white room with 2 beds. I turn my head to my right and see a hand interlocked with mine. I look up and see that it's Kyles. His eyes are filled with worry and uneasiness. His hand squeezed mine.