33. Christmas walk

(Y/N)'s POV

It was the day of Christmas Eve. I was in the living room, looking at my tree. I had prepared one anyway, even though I would be alone. I even made the star myself, which I was really proud of.

With every minute passing, I felt more upset. My parents have always been with me on Christmas...

It was already dark outside, though it wasn't really late.... winter...

I decided to take a walk. I didn't prepare food anyways, and I needed some fresh air. Of course, my thoughts trailed off again.

I guess I'm the only one alone. Everyone enjoys the time with their family, except for me. I don't even have a pet to talk to. Maybe I should just talk to my tree.

There were colorful lights all around, decorations in the windows and some snowmen here and there. The light of a street lantern was shining at me.

A tear fell down my face, followed by more.

Why did I cry?! Being alone wasn't that big of a deal! I had people around all the time, so why was it so painful to be alone for once?

Suddenly I heard quiet steps behind me. Not far away they stopped.

"(Y/N)?"

Bakugo's POV

The old hag decided to annoy me again, and after some hours of spending time with her and the old man, I just needed a break. Just some time without them, so I decided to take a walk.

I thought nobody would be outside now, but I was wrong. There stood a small figure under a lantern. It wasn't hard for me to realize, who it was. (Y/N).

"(Y/N)?" I called her. "What are you doing here alone?"

She turned around shocked, tears rolling down her doll face. Why is she crying!?

"What's wrong!? Are you okay?!"

"... it's nothing... really... " she mumbled between the weeping.

"STOP IT! TELL ME THE FUCK WHAT'S WRONG!"

"... I just felt like taking a walk.... "

"But why alone? What about your parents?"

"... They couldn't come to Japan.... The airports are closed, because of the snow... "

"... so you were all alone?... "

She slightly nodded. The moon rose over us, stars started appearing and snowflakes were falling from the clouds.

This was the perfect moment! I can't stand seeing (Y/N) sad. Maybe it will cheer her up, maybe it will make things worse.... Fuck this! I'll just do it! [JUST DO IT! ]

"(Y/N),... You know, you're fucking important to me, so stop crying already!" I hugged her. "But there is something I've been meaning to tell you for a while.... "

"What is it? You know, you can tell me anything. " she had calmed down a bit.

"..... I really fucking like- love you!"

She looked at me in disbelief with wide eyes and a deep red blush across her face.

"well... You know... I actually have a crush... " she said a little shy. Damn! I fucking knew, I would ruin everything and now it's just awkward! Actually, I would have been mad, if someone hurt my pride, but this wasn't anyone. This was (Y/N), the most fucking important person in my life.

"O-oh... sorry then... I will leave now... " I turned around and started going away.

"WAIT! YOU ARE MY CRUSH, IDIOT!"

"Wha-" now tears were rolling down my face. DON'T FUCKING CRY! Though it were tears of pure joy. She came running at me and jumped into my arms.

"Yeah, I love you too!" she repeated.