Chapter 16

"Preeti speak up everything. You have lied to me a lot already about your studies and stuff. You hid many a things too. Please not anymore." Suman said already tears welling up her eyes. "Di..You have to listen it with all compose. Okay?" Preeti held her hands and Suman nodded.

Flashback

"Mumma please don't cry mumma" a little Suman wipes away Priya's tears. She hugs her tight and cries badly.

When there is a loud bang on their door. Priya and Suman gets startled. "Mumma...I..I don't wanna go to school. I want to be with you" little Suman said. "No baby, school is important or else how will you learn your lessons. Come on get up! Your bus will be arriving." As Priya was making her ready for school. Sanjay entered the hall area a little drunk.

Suman starts hiding away from him. "You slut come inside the room. Do make it early." He said. Priya could just only nod. "Dhara...Dhara" Priya shouted. "Ji madam" the maid came out from the kitchen. "Make sure she have a proper breakfast and drop her to school bus." Priya said wiping away her tears. "Mumma loves you baby" she kisses her face all way.

"Baby also loves her mumma" she cutely says giving a kiss on her forehead. Priya smiles seeing her. "Come Suman" Dhara takes her to the dining area.

Priya takes a deep breath and wipes away her tears. She enters the bedroom slowly closing the door behind. Sanjay was really angry as seeing her he started throwing things away. "You both bitches have made my life a hell. You both are of no use to me." He shouts and Priya flinches.

"I am sorry.. Please please don't beat me today" Priya pleads. "That's for sure to follow but before that. I want something else." Sanjay pulls out his belt from his waist and his zip follows.

Outside in the hall Suman is having her breakfast when she hears some wails of her mother. She gets terrified. Dhara also gets worried. "Dhara di. Please go and check on mumma. Is she fine?" She asks her. "No Suman you first complete your breakfast, let me pack your tiffin and other stuffs in your bag" saying this she heads to kitchen. Little Suman again heard her mother shout. She immediately got down from the chair and picked the landline and called someone. "Hello..Hello aunty please please save my mom he...he will kill her. Please come." She wails and cut the phone hearing the reply. She looks through the window and finds a lady coming towards their home. She immediately goes and opens the door. "Aunty.. aunty Mom." The lady takes her in a motherly hug and says "Nothing will happen dear..she will be fine.."

She ran to the room where Sanjay and Priya were. "Open the door Sanjay. It's too much now. I have called Ramnath he will be bringing the police today." She banged the door angrily. But then a loud gunshot was heard Suman got terrified hearing it.

Flashback ends.

"Ma..Ma..." Suman had totally gone in flashback when Preeti started narrating it from beginning. Preeti saw her sister all crying she went to her and gave her a tight hug. "It's okay di. You have to hear it." She said and rubbed her back.

Suman broke the hug and sniffed. "I know these things. "But I don't remember that aunty. Who was she?" She asked. "Di..she was Nirmala Malhotra....Shravan's mom" and these words took life out of Suman. "Shravan... Shravan's mom". "But how...??? I never knew Shravan." She said.

"It's because when you all shifted to Mumbai. Shravan and Pushkar were sent to boarding school of Dehradun." Preeti said.

"Is he taking revenge from me?" A lone tear fell from her eyes.