8674

saturday morning

Tori woke up bright an early at 7:15 AM, to a get up text from André.

Tori dropped her phone on her bed and got out of bed

Tori dropped her phone on her bed and got out of bed. She quickly ran to the bathroom got ready and came out in a white t-shirt, black jeans, and a grey lightweight jacket (up top). "Cute?" She rhetorically asked in the full length mirror. A quick nod sufficed as she grabbed her tiny backpack and headed into the kitchen to make an iced coffee. Not even fifteen seconds after pouring her drink and mixing in all the sugar and creamers, a huge fist pounded against the front door. In a sprint, Tori reached the front door and opened it to stop the loud pounding. "Unnecessary!" She said, trying not to crack a smile. "My roommates are still sleeping," Tori informed. André turtle shelled into his hood and before acting as if he could see around the corner that was literally 60 feet away.

"Sorry," he yelled in a whisper. Tori playfully hit the brim of his hat over his eyes and pushed them out of the house.

"You're annoying," she joked, shutting the door and locking it behind herself. The two made their way to André's all black Ford F-150. "A truck? How did I know?" Tori chuckled as she literally hopped into the vehicle. André shrugged and started it up.

"Listen, I'm a big guy. I need a big truck! What was I supposed to drive a match box?" He laughed, pulling out of the apartment complex and heading to the interstate. "You got the address, because... I have no idea where I'm going," André asked. Tori pulled up the GPS on the console and set them on the right path towards the function.

"Get comfortable. We have a two hour drive ahead of us," Tori smirked. André shook his head. "I make this drive every weekend, you know that right?" She asked.

"How? How would I know that?" He chuckled. "Why? You got a secret boyfriend I don't know about? I bet I could take him," André played. Tori looked him up and down with a smirk.

"Nah, he's got you beat," she came back. André pretended to be hurt, causing Tori to burst into laughter. "No, it's nothing like that. My parents have a Sunday dinner after church, so I go to church with them and then we all eat together afterwards," Tori explained. André's heart melted a bit. He loved a family oriented girl. That was a girl that could be down for him no matter what. And since having spent basically everyday with Tori since Tuesday, he could see that she was definitely a ride or die.

"Have you talked to your dad since, Tuesday?" André slowly asked, unsure of the reaction he was up against. Tori shook her head.

"Nope and I don't want to. He was acting crazy. Fun part is, he'll be at the event today. He supposed to be playing with the band that I'm singing with today," Tori groaned. André shook his head. He was not prepared to be stared down at while trying to support Tori from the congregation.

"Oh, great," he muttered. A thick silence grew between them, before Tori hooked up her phone to the AUX. "Oh no, we are not about to listen to no holier than though music," he said, keeping one hand on the wheel and trying to take the chord back with the other. Tori gasped and smacked his hand away.