Through The Night

6 PM

Tori watched in suspense as André hobbled his way down the stairs as best he could through FaceTime. "Babe, are you gonna be okay tonight?" Tori asked, with a giggle as she stirred her pasta noodles a bit. The ex ball player nodded and finally dropped to the couch.

"Whew," he dramatically exhaled. Tori playful rolled her eyes and set her phone up, so she could finish her sauce. "What are you cooking?" Andrè asked, watching Tori stir a pot.

"Spaghetti with macaroni noodles and Kamari," she stressed watching his face change, "is cutting up the cooked chicken breast since it better for baby than beef," she finished. André bit his lip.

"I—I—"

"Y—y—you what?" Tori mocked. "You didn't think I was capable of taking care of myself and my brother alone? Are you going to call Kamari when I have to take care of our child by myself because you ran to the store?" Tori smart assed. Kamari did her best not to laugh, because she knew Tori was semi-serious and a bit pissed.

"Babe, I was just worried. I know how you are. You have such a kind spirit and I didn't want you to over do it and hurt the baby or yourself," Andrè said. Kamari hung her head in solace for her friend who was about to eat his words. He must've forgotten that Tori was also passionate and pregnant.

"Over do it? Hurt myself or my child? So now you think I'm not capable of handing myself so much so that I would put my child in danger? Gee thanks," Tori overreacted. Kamari could see how Tori might think she sounded rational, but that was an argument she was not going to intervene in.

"No, baby I didn't say that,"André quickly back pedaled. Too bad for him, he already hit quicksand and he was sinking.

"That's exactly what you said!" Tori yelled as a photo of her mom came up, saving André from being chewed out further. Without even acknowledging that she was leaving, Tori hung up and answered her mother's call. "Hey," she huffed.

"Uhh, is everything okay over there?" Laura asked, hearing her daughter's tone. Tori turned down her sauce and hit the FaceTime button. She wanted to see her mother's face; she needed to calm down.

"Everything is ugh," Tori replied with a hefty eye roll. Kamari glanced back to see Laura fix her hair and send her daughter a pouty face.

"What happened?" Laura asked. Tori jutted out her hip and folded her arms.

"André sent Kamari to watch me, because he doesn't think I'm capable of not harming my child without him being around," Tori groaned. Kamari popped into frame with a small wave before going back to her chicken.

"Tori, is that what he said? Because he was probably just being a concerned father and boyfriend. He probably wanted to make sure you were okay, since he knows how much family means to you," Laura advised. Tori groaned even harder. She knew her mom was probably right, but it was too late to admit it. She'd just have to find a way to make it up to André. "It's not everyday dad goes into surgery," Laura continued.

"How is he, by the way?" Tori asked, placing her hands on the counter to lean, since she literally did not want to stand on her own any longer.

"He went into surgery at 2, and got out around 5:30. He's sleeping now, but they haven't said anything about releasing him just yet," Laura answered. At the sound of her mother's voice, Roxy and Rico sprinted from the living room to the kitchen. Barks were heard around the world as they scrambled to find their mother to match the voice.

"Roxy! Rico! Stop!" Tori yelled, before Roxy jumped up to the counter and Rico jumped onto Tori's leg. "Rico, owe," the twenty-year-old winced. She knew there would be a scratch in the next five minutes, but she was not able to worry about that. "Roxy, down!" Tori said. She immediately pushed her dog off the counter and grab the blue spray bottle. Both dogs back down as Tori pointed it at them. First a stream of water hit Roxy's head, forcing her back. "You know you're not allowed on the counters," Tori reprimanded. The next stream went directly in between Rico's eyes. "No more barking. Roxy, Rico, go find your pillows," Tori demanded, practically slamming the spray bottle on the counter.